New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Most of car buyers now are aiming for a diesel vehicle, do you think that price of diesel will overtook the price gasoline in the near future because of demand? It is now happening in UK, will it happen here?http://cars.uk.msn.com/News/car_news_article.aspx?cp-documentid=8630652

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    sbi ng opismate ko who usually takes a taxi to work na sabi raw ng mga driver ng LPG powered taxis na isa daw sa napansin nila nang nag LPG na sila ay lagi daw silang nauuhaw... 22o kaya i2?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Personally, mas type ko diesel. Una, mas mataas ang efficiency. Pangalawa, palagay ko hindi pa tapos ang potential ng diesel/crdi technology. Just the fact na malaki ang performance gap ng euro crdi at other diesels means malaki pa ang potential for improvement. Pangatlo, less combustible ang diesel at mas madali/mas safe i-store at gamitin.

Pang apat, mas madali i-source ang diesel alternatives maging problematic man ang sourcing nito. Panghuli, at pinakaimportante sa lahat, kung mababawasan ng super laki ang gumagamit ng gasolina, dapat dumagdag ang gagamit ng diesel para dumami ang by-product na LPG at huwag tumaas ang presyo nito.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wranglerboy View Post
    sbi ng opismate ko who usually takes a taxi to work na sabi raw ng mga driver ng LPG powered taxis na isa daw sa napansin nila nang nag LPG na sila ay lagi daw silang nauuhaw... 22o kaya i2?
    reminder: posting messages using sms/txt is NOT allowed in tsikot.com

It is not true. It is simply the long hours of driving behind the wheel that makes anyone thirsty, might it be LPG, gasoline or diesel fueled vehicle.

This has been answered many times before in the LPG thread. It is strongly suggested that you read that to avoid any common answer that have been asked and answered dozens of times over.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by speedlimit View Post
    Most of car buyers now are aiming for a diesel vehicle, do you think that price of diesel will overtook the price gasoline in the near future because of demand? It is now happening in UK, will it happen here?http://cars.uk.msn.com/News/car_news_article.aspx?cp-documentid=8630652
    Dunno kung diesel will surpass gas in price. Pero I am 100% sure the price gap between diesel and unleaded will shrink in the future if the oil executives I talk to are not lying to me. RIght now its at P6-P7 right? I wouldn't be surprise if 2 years from now the price difference is only P2 or P3. Many other countries have diesel more expensive than unleaded already... But since diesel is subsidized here it might take a while for the true market forces to assert itself.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by speedlimit View Post

if it is happening in other countries, it will also happen here in the philippines for our economic trends rely on western countries. not only that, its also possible because of the high demand for diesel in industrialized countries.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for me if you're buying a new car then go for diesel...pag used car na then you can have it converted to LPG na...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Clean burn daw ang LPG, so no sediments in engine oil. Tutuo kayang less frequent ang change oil with LPG?
    Just for comparison - New Ford engines are serviced only every 100,000 miles sa US. How about LPG powered cars?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ragsak View Post
    Clean burn daw ang LPG, so no sediments in engine oil. Tutuo kayang less frequent ang change oil with LPG?
    Just for comparison - New Ford engines are serviced only every 100,000 miles sa US. How about LPG powered cars?
    It is said you can reduce the oil change frequency by half when you are running on auto-lpg (if you do an oil change every 5000km before, you can now do it every 10,000km).

But personally, I still run the same oil change schedule as when I was still on petrol.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Dunno kung diesel will surpass gas in price. Pero I am 100% sure the price gap between diesel and unleaded will shrink in the future if the oil executives I talk to are not lying to me. RIght now its at P6-P7 right? I wouldn't be surprise if 2 years from now the price difference is only P2 or P3. Many other countries have diesel more expensive than unleaded already... But since diesel is subsidized here it might take a while for the true market forces to assert itself.
    I agree with this. In fact my South African Boss told me he bought a diesel SUV almost 2 years ago because diesel was cheaper during that time; but now he is paying more compared with gasoline. Mas malaki na ang demand ng diesel sa world market compared with gas because industries are using diesel and not gasoline. Isa pa, about LPG, may mga gas field na sa middle east (ex. abu dhabi) na yung dating sweet gas nila ay nagiging sour gas na dahil sa increase of H2S gas (acid gas). So to extract LPG they need to install de-sulphur plant which in turn will drive the LPG price higher in the future. Kaya para makatipid ang abu dhabi sa gas ay nag-import pa sila from Qatar and binebenta nila yung gas nila sa world market at higher price.

SHARING IS CARING.....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Anu ba mas maganda na car engine LPG vs Diesel!