Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    :bwahaha: how about a vette vs. an SIR? i bet it would be close
    stock or modified?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    i think jap cars would take the american cars no doubt and iyong mga corvette man they are fast but not fast enought for my evo 9 i raised an corvette ls6 collaway kit around 550 hp and naiwan ko siya ng 1 car in a quarter mile with an evo which only have 4 cylinder and a couple of mods still i go with the jap cars

V8 KILLER

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by V8_killer View Post
    i think jap cars would take the american cars no doubt and iyong mga corvette man they are fast but not fast enought for my evo 9 i raised an corvette ls6 collaway kit around 550 hp and naiwan ko siya ng 1 car in a quarter mile with an evo which only have 4 cylinder and a couple of mods still i go with the jap cars

V8 KILLER
    sorry if this sounds rude, but i call BS until we see a dyno chart or a time slip

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    In terms of track performance, the Japanese GTs like the Skyline and Supra aren't exactly as fast as the top American car, the 400 hp Corvette. Against other 300+ hp Americans, it's close.

The only Japanese car that consistently kills other sports cars with more power is the NSX.

Note that due to the Japanese "Gentleman's Agreement", they state maximum horsepower as 276 hp. Which is bull. The last Skyline had around 330-340hp, the Supra had 320+.
    ------------------------------
    bro hindi lang nsx ang kaya ilampaso ang mga american cars meron din supra evo andd skyline yes totoong 286 hp lang ang mga stock gtr coz it is ellectrically controold or it has a governor na naka set sa gannon lang speed read the spec

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    bro how can i show u time slips they dont do that they clocked you and tungkol sa dyno chart i havent put my car on a dyno it is all street tuned and reflash kasi its a lot better if you do a street tuned more accurate dont worrry next week race namin ill try to take some pics just for u and if you wanted to see some videos go to you tube and look for ams evo youll see kaya nga V8 killer eh

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    The Gen IV 6.0 liter LS2 was derived from the Gen III 5.7 liter LS1 V8 which was introduced in the later half of the 90's.

The 5.7 liter(346 cu in) aluminum Gen III V8 was an all-new design.
    The old small-block 350 that came before it was cast iron.

There are rumors that GM plans to enlarge the 400hp 6.0 liter V8 to 6.2 liters for the updated Corvette and all-new Camaro. Estimated output.... 450hp.
    Are you agreeing with my post or disagreeing? Anyways here is a site with the history of the GM small block.
    http://www.tomorrowstechnician.com/tt/tt100526.htm

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006

V8 KILLER
    Parang Initial D a... the little Trueno that can...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    *V8 killer:

Callaway Vette with 550hp = 11 - 12 second quarters?

Nearly stock Evo 9 = 13 flat, maybe?

Of course, that depends on how crappy a driver the Vette driver was... and how good a driver you are. What rpm do you launch at, and what tires are you using? What was your 60 foot time?

And No, the GTR as stock does not truly have 276 hp. Many people have dyno tested "276 hp" Skylines to have at least 320-330 hp. It's a nice bonus for people who've bought the car to find they actually have more power... ...not like with Mazda's new RX8...

One of the few Japanese sports cars to actually have 276 hp is the NSX. And it's the one sports car that will dominate on a tight track, as it has proper supercar credentials, even if it doesn't have a supercar engine. In the BMI test with Japanese sports cars and Italian sports cars, it was the only one that could dice with the Gallardo and Murcielago.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006

V8 KILLER
    you can't compare a heavily modified car vs a stock car. ricer alert!!!

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    bro how can i show u time slips they dont do that they clocked you and tungkol sa dyno chart i havent put my car on a dyno it is all street tuned and reflash kasi its a lot better if you do a street tuned more accurate dont worrry next week race namin ill try to take some pics just for u and if you wanted to see some videos go to you tube and look for ams evo youll see kaya nga V8 killer eh

you sound like a 16 year old with too much time on the internet. are you sure you even have a car or a license? the AMS Evo is NOT YOUR Evo!!!! and that is a heavily modified car putting that horsepower using RACE GAS not pump gas! we asked for your car, and you want us to look for a car on Youtube? :lol: riceboy! you give a bad name to the true japanese car enthusiasts.
    Last edited by n2knee; November 9th, 2006 at 04:55 AM.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
American muscle vs japanese ingenuity