New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Hey guys!
    Please help naman. im planning to buy a new car pero undecided what to buy. My budget is 800k. anung car ba sa tingin nyo sulit sa 800k(reliability,resale value, safety and comfort).

thanks!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    if you have 800k to spend, dagdagan mo na lang ng konti, mag civic ka na. . .just my opinion

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Innova J?? How about Grand Livina are you open to other cars?
    Last edited by tidus1203; September 30th, 2008 at 04:11 PM.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    what are the advantages of honda civic ba compared to altis g and lancer? i like too the civic pero parang outdated na yung porma. hindi ba mahirap i-maintain yung honda civic?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    My officemates ay naka inova na sila and medyo matagtag yung ride. among the 4 cars im considering, which you think is sulit na bilhin na hindi me mag regret n yun ang car na binili ko. thanks

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    *double post*
    Last edited by Bogeyman; September 30th, 2008 at 05:49 PM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by renix07 View Post
    what are the advantages of honda civic ba compared to altis g and lancer? i like too the civic pero parang outdated na yung porma. hindi ba mahirap i-maintain yung honda civic?
    Hindi naman mukhang outdated yung porma ng Civic, unless you've heard about the facelift for the 2009 model; nothing too drastic, anyway (mas radical pa nga yung design change ng bagong City). Maintenance? Automotive lore has it na mahal ang maintenance ng Honda (even Honda insiders admit so), but in recent years the cost on other brands have been catching up (either that, or nagiging mura na yung sa Honda). Besides, one can argue that the cost is well worth the performance, so it depends on your priorities; just don't choose one in black. And never, ever forget to bring a fire extinguisher -- just in case. ;)

If you decide on the Lancer, brace yourself for a substantial waiting time since CBU from Japan yung unit. Then again, in a sea of Civics and Altises, you'll really stand out. Potential problem lang nito is that parts may have to be sourced from Japan din in case you need them, even with warranty.

Altis seems to be on the better end of your choices, but I'd advise on replacing the stock wheels and tires; they look puny when viewed against the car's bulk.

Pero oo nga, why not consider other cars too, such as CUVs? IMO, these cars offer greater value for your money since they're more versatile than sedans and subcompacts.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; September 30th, 2008 at 06:00 PM.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by renix07 View Post
    sabi mo kasi, bro, "reliability,resale value, safety and comfort"

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vito corleone View Post
    sabi mo kasi, bro, "reliability,resale value, safety and comfort"
    Second the motion.....

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    pasensya na kung ot, i just have to aks. . .

re: civic

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    just don't choose one in black. And never, ever forget to bring a fire extinguisher -- just in case. ;)
    what about this, bogeyman, parang ngayon ko lang narinig 'to

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Altis G vs Lancer GLS vs Vios vs chevy optra