New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    mahaba ba byahe mo? ganyan civic ko kapag ikli lang ng trips haha. like from housing to planta (mga 3km) kasi di umiinit yung makina to operating condition hehe

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Kung BGC to Makati lang byahe mo, sure yan. However, maluwag na traffic nowadays unless sobrang short lang talaga distance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jmendza View Post
    Yes. I only get 5 km/l on light traffic. What could be the problem? Also new air filter and new spark plugs.
    I guess, to ask since people are bringing up to use a "light foot" in acceleration, what is your normal rpm when accelerating when you step on the gas pedal to accelerate? What is also your "coasting" rpm when you have reached your speed and just maintaining it?

assuming you are already driving with a light foot and it is not short trips, here is our experience with a 2009 1.6G Altis A/T.

Reason I ask is we have a 2009 1.6G. We noticed the FC, as measured on the dash, was average around 6km/l. We were also now "required" to go higher than 2000rpm to accelerate, and maintained higher than 1500rpm to coast.

The engine sounded rougher during this time. The description I would give it is it sounded more "race-y" yet seemed to produce less power.

During the next change oil, it was diagnosed that one of the spark plugs was actually dead/not working already. After it was fixed (replaced all sparks), it sounded more "balanced and less race-y". No longer need to push it harder to accelerate. That's why even on light acceleration, I want to ask, where does the rpm needle jump to/move to?

I know you mentioned spark plugs were already replaced, but just in case, does your engine sound different... more "race-y"? It was a similar situation is on our old Tamaraw FX Gasoline engine. I think it was a 1.5 MT. One of its cylinders "died" so it sounded like a race car. Drove like a turtle. Hehe!

Are you also relying just on the digital FC measurement or is it manual compute full tank method? Because if you have never reset that FC digital meter, then that is all your accumulated history (that it can recall) as far as I know. Until you reset it on the next full tank/trip, it average all the trips it has included in the total.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post

Are you also relying just on the digital FC measurement or is it manual compute full tank method? Because if you have never reset that FC digital meter, then that is all your accumulated history (that it can recall) as far as I know. Until you reset it on the next full tank/trip, it average all the trips it has included in the total.
    ha!
    i found this out myself, the hard way.

if anyone wants to see what their instantaneous km/li figure is on the highway, "zero it" while on said highway.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown View Post
    I can't understand what is the difference between make and model?
    make. who made it? manufacturer. toyota.

model. altis. innova. wigo.

variant. E. G.

hope it helps.
    Last edited by dr. d; October 22nd, 2020 at 11:21 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234