New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    pls help choose which is best to buy altis 2001 j, honda vti 2001 dimension, or lancer lgs 2004.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by odeseg View Post
    pls help choose which is best to buy altis 2001 j, honda vti 2001 dimension, or lancer lgs 2004.
    my choices in order of preference:

a) The Lancer GLS - aside from the reason na yun ang pinaka latest model, it is CVT na.
    b) Honda Vti - powerful engine. High resale value.
    c) Altis J - although practical. Basic lang kasi yung features nya. High resale value too.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Lancer - I've had my share of bad experience with Mitsus, I would prefer a Sentra over the Lancer inspite of its bad rep coz in my experience Nissans are less trouble than Mitsus
    Civic - mahal yung parts nyan, IMO I dont like the way it looks specially the tailights
    Altis - My choice, mura at madami parts, high resale value pa.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    depends actually on the driver's preferences and priorities like what you said resale value or economy or ride comfort, space etc..and of course the general condition of the vehicles...but here's my personal comment:

1. 2001 altis j: its the entry model (basic) and everybody else has it including some taxi operators and police stations ...plus i hear build-quality issues and manufacturer recalls...have you ever noticed there are so many of the new toyota's that have busted tail lights (bulbs); but economy wise, the vvti technology of its engine is tops although i hear there is a problem with the design of its fuel pump

2. the 2001 honda vti: 2nd to toyota in terms of "everybody else has it" ...also some build quality issues and manufacturer recalls like a falling gas tank and relatively more expensive in terms of maintenance (parts and casa service)...but great engine if you are the racy type of person

3. the 2004 lancer gls/cvt: obviously the newest of the lot and 3 years is a lot of difference not only in terms of the car's condition but as well as resale value...plus not everyone has it ..though you dont get the latest engine, it is a proven and time tested one and you get the latest type of transmission, which is more economical than the regular a/t and consumption approaches that of a manual (if used right that is)

so i'd go for the 2004 lancer gls/cvt....but dont quote me because i drive one

altis 2001 J,HONDA 2001 VTI DIMENSION, OR LANCER gls 2004