New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    civic vs toyota reiz will be a good matchup, pero wala yata ng reiz sa pinas eh.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    indeed there's a new Corolla Altis 1.6G AT. i just saw one this afternoon in a parking area fronting raffles bldg in Ortigas.

1.6G badge looks very much like the 2004-2005 Altis 1.8E sans:
    -leather
    -simpler fujitsu ten looking stereo
    -no gated shifter
    -body colored rear plate top bar

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    altis - design is for older people (for lolo & tatay)
    civic - design is suitable for young and middle age group (for anak & tatay)

even the older civic (SiR) pwede pa rin pang anak.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    since there are some build quality issues with the new civic.

considering mazda3 1.6V instead of a new civic.

pros: new design fan and critics' favorite, sports automatic, complete safety devices even equipped with foglights.

cons: weak 1.6 engine, no opitron. track record maybe, too few casas

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    ano po specifically ang palpak sa quality ng FD Civics?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    luma na altis and mazda3.

DVD na uso ngayon, hindi VHS :bwahaha:

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Seems that the new FD Civic is having quality problems esp. the power windows. It boils down if any potential owner would gamble and hope their unit will not have problems. I'll still get the Civic anyhow.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kurt View Post
    Dear All,

ALtis 1.6G AT Vs. Civic 1.8S AT

Kindly post your comments on the two vehicles. And help me make up my mind.

ALtis: ph854,000

pros: proven reliability, fog lamps, HID ata, Multi info display, probably better discounts, aftermarket parts abundant, complete safety gadgets

cons: scheduled to be replaced

civic ph869,000

pros; "all new and improved", hi-tech engine, 5speed AT, digital display, safety devices,

cons: too high tech, too digital, unproven, no foglamps pa.

Its to replace a '96 Gli thats still running well but showing its age narin.
    We buy cars and keep it upto 10years kaya reliability and ease of ownership with repairs is a big big factor in the choice.

Value wise it seems the altis has the edge, but civic's pricing is also good. You seem to be getting what you pay for.

A big concern for me is the digital display of the civic, sure its nice and flashy while brand new, but after 2 years kaya will it still be bright and fucntioning perfectly. (digital fuel, temp gauges)

And i read here at tsikot, someone commented toyota phils production facilities are better compared to honda Phils.

thanks in advance
    go for civic. its a better brand. Toyota they don't honor their factory warranty. Just what happen when i asked them to repair the backwindshield of my revo 4yrs. ago. bad experience really.
    I just bought a 2006 civic its a very good car overall.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bencel View Post
    go for civic. its a better brand. Toyota they don't honor their factory warranty. Just what happen when i asked them to repair the backwindshield of my revo 4yrs. ago. bad experience really.
    I just bought a 2006 civic its a very good car overall.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]
    maybe its an isolated case like Psylocke's Honda City.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    KURT dude,

Currently i am having a hard time deciding on the new civic also but after test driving it, man! me and my GF fell in love instantly! Much much better than the altis. BUT... still hindi parin ako nakakabili because its the 7th month in the chinese calendar these 2 months (malas daw) and my relatives kept on convincing me to buy a SUV instead due to the flood problems, potholes and the long distance drives, so right now im choosing between a well maintained 1998 Prado (diesel) and the new civic

But if between the altis and the new civic, Id go for the civic! why? 1st: More fuel efficient than the altis. 2nd: VTEC power man... (try to experience it)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
ALtis 1.6G AT Vs. Civic 1.8S AT