New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    malakas sa gas ang wigo.. better go with Mirage CVT.
    our wigo AT does about 9-10km/li in the trafficky city.
    i don't know the highway figures, because i don't bring it to the highway often enough.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    tanong lang po sa mga mirage owners, anu ba ang pinaka best record niyo sa FC? meron ba talaga nakakakuha ng 20+km/li? ito kasi ang balak kong bilhin, pero 2nd hand lang

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Mirage mt ko.

Hiway drive. 18 to 19km/l. Average 3k to 3.5k rpm. Full tank method.

City driving, 10 to 12km/l full tank method.

The cvt is better in terms of fuel consumption since ang 100kph is nasa 2krpm while the mt variant is at 3k rpm.

Kung best record, 33km/l pababa ng tagaytay. But that's really not a good way testing the fc. Right?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by n5110 View Post
    tanong lang po sa mga mirage owners, anu ba ang pinaka best record niyo sa FC? meron ba talaga nakakakuha ng 20+km/li? ito kasi ang balak kong bilhin, pero 2nd hand lang
    i can get as high as 8-9km/l even in crawling traffic in our Mirage CVT. on Normal traffic 11-13km/l is very much attainable. Without much eco driving on highway i cant get 16-17km/l.

2013 GLS CVT HB.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Averaging 12-14 km/l over each full tank. Mixed highway-EDSA-Las Pinas-Province traffic at 50:50 city-highway.

Does maybe 10-12 km/l in regular traffic, but don't expect the same on EDSA. Remember, at 0 km/h, you are getting 0 km/l.

Average 20+ on the highway, whoever is driving. But if I'm driving, and I'm in the mood for "tipid mode", (70 km/h, pulse-glide, but Aircon on), I average about 26 km/l straight highway driving. Super tipid mode, with AC off, can get close to 30 km/l.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by n5110 View Post
    Yes, kaya po 20+km/L. Attainable sya sa highway running 80km/H. BTW I got 2 mirage G4 MT so i can assure you kayang kaya nya.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Mirage - 20 Km/L kayang kaya po. Everyday po 20+ Km/L ako from Malolos Bulacan to Trinoma. Masama na loob ko kapag naging 19 KM/L, naka Mineral Oil pako nun. Gas ko is Petron XCS

Kakapalit ko lang fully Synthetic kahapon so I think mas maging fuel efficient pa sya.

Mirage GLX CVT gamit ko.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    You should consider the Celerio. IMHO, best option for under 600k, aside from the Mirage GLX MT.

1) Fuel Consumption

Nobody knows yet. The VVTi system should improve the previous Wigo's so-so fuel economy (so-so compared to the Celerio and Mirage, mind you). But if it's still the same 4-speed automatic, don't hold your breath. The GLX CVT and the Celerio CVT are much, much, much better.

2) Cost of Ownership

All of these three-cylinder cars are cheap to maintain. Just did 10k service for the Mirage for under 5k. And that's with fully synthetic oil and typically expensive casa labor.

The Celerio is the most economical, by far... though I have yet to get my hands on a new Wigo to test. The Wigo, in my testing, was not as good as the Celerio or Mirage on the highway, but not awful in traffic. The Wigo's issues before were not specifically because of the lack of variable valve timing. The Suzuki K-series, is, as far as I recalled, not equipped with variable valve timing. The Wigo's issue is more the boxy body and old 4AT. (I struggled to pass 20 km/l on the highway with that box).

The Mitsubishi has variable valve timing... and it is more economical than the Toyota (I drive one), but the older CVT was not as good as Suzuki's. I have yet to drive the new Mirage CVT. That said, even the old CVT on the Mirage could break 26 km/l if you babied it on the highway.

3) Safety

Mirage is 5-stars on ANCAP. Celerio is 4-stars. Wigo has not been tested on ANCAP, but has 4-stars on ASEAN NCAP, for frontal protection only.

4) Comfort / 5) Rear & front seat space

All are on the matagtag side. Mirage has the best back seat. Celerio has better front seats. Both Wigo and Mirage have good elbow and legroom. Celerio has slightly less of both but has the best headroom in the class.

Celerio has the best trunk.

6) Bling

Celerio gives you the most for your money with the 1.0 CVT, with touch screen, foglights and alloys for 569k. Haven't heard the revised Toyota system, but in comparison to the old Wigo G with touchscreen and the Mirage, the Celerio has the best sounds.

Toyota is more expensive, at 599k for the G with all of that. But again, 4-speed auto, which is a big disadvantage in terms of economy in traffic versus the CVTs. If you really want a Toyota, seriously, get the 5-MT.

Mirage, you do get most of that (sans foglights) with the GLX CVT, which finally gets a touchscreen like the GLS, but at an eye-watering 610k. Mitsubishi always offers big discounts, though, so ask before you buy. Do note, that even if you get it discounted to the 580k range (it's possible, depending on whether the dealer is chasing a sales quota), the GLX still doesn't come with foglamps. Also, the remote keyless kind of sucks.

7) Durability

Have heard of minor annoying things for both the Mirage and Wigo... Celerio, not so much, but I don't doubt there are the usual niggles. I would go for the Suzuki, on this one. That K-series engine is a great workhorse.

-

Yeah, Suzuki fanboy... but we got the Mirage for its superior back seat, and the extra power is a nice bonus, though both the Celerio and Wigo handle better.

Can't go very wrong with any of these cars, but IMHO, I don't see any point in spending the extra money for the GLX CVT or the G 4AT over the Suzuki, whose CVT is better than Mitsu's and far better than the 4AT of Toyota. If we're talking MT to MT, fair game. I might still go for the Mitsu or the Toyota, given the right deals.
    thank you for this! I'm now more careful

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pastebooko View Post
    Mirage - 20 Km/L kayang kaya po. Everyday po 20+ Km/L ako from Malolos Bulacan to Trinoma. Masama na loob ko kapag naging 19 KM/L, naka Mineral Oil pako nun. Gas ko is Petron XCS

Kakapalit ko lang fully Synthetic kahapon so I think mas maging fuel efficient pa sya.

Mirage GLX CVT gamit ko.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    i can get as high as 8-9km/l even in crawling traffic in our Mirage CVT. on Normal traffic 11-13km/l is very much attainable. Without much eco driving on highway i cant get 16-17km/l.

2013 GLS CVT HB.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by veyron_27 View Post
    Yes, kaya po 20+km/L. Attainable sya sa highway running 80km/H. BTW I got 2 mirage G4 MT so i can assure you kayang kaya nya.
    Thank you very much! I'll be more careful

10. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Please comment
    I have a wigo bought in March 2016, this wigo consumes 4.5 to 5.5 liters. What's wrong with it?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123