New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    Excuse me sirs, how improved is the previous gen Sedona(02-06model) over the previous gen Carnival (99-02model)?
    I own a Gen 2 M/T TDIC Sedona (purchased June 2002) and after five and a half years, it's still going strong. It has logged over 166,000 km to date, and we still use it regularly to travel between Pangasinan and Tarlac.

May mga napalitan na akong piyesa gaya ng front wheel bearing, shifter cable, at door handles, pero yung makina nya hindi pa ako binigyan ng problema

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    phase out na ang Grandis? how sad...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Grandis phase out na? , e tatlo pa lang ata nakita kong ganito e, hehe PEACE!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by imperialv View Post
    hi guys,

thanks for the reply.

I decided to get the carnival already...

grandis has been phased out BY MMC

Serena is overpriced for a facelifted van (since I previously own a serena)... and since we experienced some quality problem, we decided not to get a new serena.

btw, the kia carnival is the same with kia sedona and hyundai entourage..

so yung mga maka hyundai dyan, its a rebadge hyundai in the US.
    What problems? Did you have the AT QRVR? (some Nissan mechanics were commenting before that this variant was problematic) Take note that the new Serena has a different engine series from the previous one (the old one used the venerable SR20... the new one uses the QR-series engine).

While the QR isn't the most reliable engine in the world, I'd imagine it wouldn't share all of the SR's issues.

Too bad about the Grandis.

Anyway, congrats on the purchase!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    What problems? Did you have the AT QRVR? (some Nissan mechanics were commenting before that this variant was problematic) Take note that the new Serena has a different engine series from the previous one (the old one used the venerable SR20... the new one uses the QR-series engine).

While the QR isn't the most reliable engine in the world, I'd imagine it wouldn't share all of the SR's issues.

Too bad about the Grandis.

Anyway, congrats on the purchase!
    There is nothing wrong with the engine... (sr20).. The problem with the previous serena that we encountered are as follows..

1. Weak Alternator... (we replaced it twice during our five years of ownership)
    2. Disc Rotor (warranty claim)
    3. Suspension weak... (I replaced the stabilizer link twice and have the major parts fix by cruven)
    ... hmmm...

but the ride is really good.. Its better than my current ride...

I talked to one of the sales person in Mantrade, correct me if I'm wrong, since they launched the facelifted serena, they have not sold 1 unit as of January, 2008.. The pricing is really high...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
All New Carnival, 2008 Nissan Serena or Mitsubishi Grandis?