New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    sa looks department, mas OK ng di hamak ang Ranger kaysa Dmax. I would choose Ranger over Dmax anytime.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Ranger D-Max
    Looks 9 7
    Fuel Efficiency 8 9
    Power 8 7
    After-Sales 7 8

After sales is dependent on the dealer though so this will change.

The Ranger is great but too big for Philippine roads IMO but looks will probably last due to the boxy design. Borrowed my friend's 2.2 XLT A/T for a couple of days to haul some stuff and you have to rev it to get into that power range. Probably the 3.2 doesn't have this issue.

The D-max is okay but seems just like a facelift with no engine update, quite expensive for what you get but fuel consumption is great.

Just to throw in a wildcard, available na rin pala yung Hilux 2.5 VNT in 4x2 A/T trim, a little less than 1.2Mn without discounts yet. The Strada glx-v is a nice option too minus the horrid turbo lag, 1.1M without discounts. Just upgrade the tires and you're set but I think Mitsu is set to launch the next gen Strada this year.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by victorevolution View Post
    huh! what the hell are you talking about???? 2 word for you lolo "research development" your statement might be true during the late 1900's-1980's but this is 2014.

a modern engine today could produce more horsepower and torque with a very little engine displacement.

check the post and comments of niky and kindly read the specs of both crewcab
    Yan ang usual na sagot ng mga tao na puro READ. Walang mechanical know how.

There is no substitute for CC's or cubic inches boss.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    As an Isuzu owner, their trucks are built to last. This and the fuel consumption. Trust me on this.
    Porma can only get you this or that far. Lasting dependability is a trait a yeoman's truck should possess foremost.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    bakit kapag pickup, pinagaawayan lagi? ma-testosterone din kasi mga pickups noh? ehshe

------------------
    I am the highway...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    i dont own a ranger nor a dmax... but if i were to choose one...

it would definitely be a SANTA FE...

hope to help...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dualsim View Post
    i dont own a ranger nor a dmax... but if i were to choose one...

it would definitely be a SANTA FE...

hope to help...
    Bwahahahaha!!!

Sa dating "Condo" ka pa rin pala, di pa rin nagbabago.

Sige, punta ako diyan... dala akyo fud! :hysterical:

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Yan ang usual na sagot ng mga tao na puro READ. Walang mechanical know how.

There is no substitute for CC's or cubic inches boss.
    True esp for current CRDI M/T. Lower displacements tends to be peaky you end up flogging the clutch..

This is why i prefer AT for hauling because it takes care of torque distribution. Step on the pedal and you don't need to worry with power distribution, all it needs is the turbo to kick in and power is there without stalling/ riding the clutch.

With the advent of bi-turbo, gearing, hdc, and more electronics, etc, i'm a believer there is a replacement for displacement. Trend now will be smaller engines for lesser carbon footprint, more induction and electronic controls..

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    True esp for current CRDI M/T. Lower displacements tends to be peaky you end up flogging the clutch..

This is why i prefer AT for hauling because it takes care of torque distribution. Step on the pedal and you don't need to worry with power distribution, all it needs is the turbo to kick in and power is there without stalling/ riding the clutch.

With the advent of bi-turbo, gearing, hdc, and more electronics, etc, i'm a believer there is a replacement for displacement. Trend now will be smaller engines for lesser carbon footprint, more induction and electronic controls..
    Thank you Sir for this post, now i understand better, and appreciate more my AT truck

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123