New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    I really like the Fiesta. But i dont think it's gonna be easy to maintain with all the tech and goodies it has.
    Well as Jeremy Clarkson said himself..

If you are worried something might break you could always buy a basic model with no equipment at all so there is nothing that couldl go wrong. But do you really want that one, really, honestly a basic model? Cause I bet that's also $** (audio cut-off)...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    ^ that's why get a jimny, it's crude, it's basic, it's light and it gets you anywhere even where big SUVs and luxury cars can't

but the thing is not too many can endure cars like these anymore bec. they are just so used to being pampered.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Let's see if his wife would even want to have a Jimny.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    its not a surprice gift, she only want a car no specific model nor brand. SUV is ok...actually very ok but i prefer a car for her which is easy to use, good FC and less head ache(maintenance). Because, she will use the car most of the time. im not thinking of after sale value, if masikipan na kami sa small car e pwede naman bumili uli ng mas malaki diba

Looks like, majority on this thread are voting for the fiesta. Wala bang may gusto ng new city? Well, ahead din sa akin ang fiesta because of its looks inside and out. Actually, 1st time ko pa lang makita yung fiesta as cargo namin to europe e n-love at 1st sight ako, same happen when i saw my wife

jazz helios, mukhang ok nga din sya. I will just wait for the feedback sa magkakaron ng fiesta. i hope it will prove good things, because im looking forward to it. But if not, i will stick to the most proven and tested unit. Beside, feb next year pa naman uwi ko so i still have time to monitor the fiesta and the rest. Sabi nga nila "Patience is the virtue"

thanks for the input mga k-tsikot

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    When you get home, do a test drive its the best thing you can do for yourself. And to be honest wag mo na sya i-surprise... Bring her with you so she can see the cars in question and test drive it as well... Its a lot of money afterall and its not worth it if surprise nga pero mali naman nabili mo...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    most of the girls i know love the jimny... my wife being the number 1 "fan"... it will be my next car purchase... of course, for my wife

but fiesta looks so promising... and the hatch looks so good... but if i were to buy the fiesta, it would be because of the transmission...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    When you buy mechanical and electronic items for women, it does not make much difference if you surprise them or not. But when you buy vanity items, like bags, perfume or jewelry, they will appreciate the surprise.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    When you buy mechanical and electronic items for women, it does not make much difference if you surprise them or not. But when you buy vanity items, like bags, perfume or jewelry, they will appreciate the surprise.
    i would have said +1 but that is a blatant understatement...

+1,000,000

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    The 4-speed auto is more than adequate for city driving, the fiesta is probably going be even more economical with its DCT.

the mazda2 could really use some more oomph from its engine, though. The sedan takes quite some time to reach 100... but the MZR does make a racket when it revs
    Timed it. Pretty quick, all things considered, around 10.3 seconds to 100 km/h. (obviously early 90's 1.6s are faster... they had the same weight and more torque) Yes... I love the sound. I'm not quite sure about the DCT... it's a heavy box in a heavy car... but again, only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Well as Jeremy Clarkson said himself..

If you are worried something might break you could always buy a basic model with no equipment at all so there is nothing that couldl go wrong. But do you really want that one, really, honestly a basic model? Cause I bet that's also $** (audio cut-off)...
    Suzuki Celerio? Spend the other 250k worth of budget on a 1 carat diamond ring, hang it from the keychain and wait for her to notice it...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Advice pls! which car to give for my wife as aniv. gift