New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by IamVince View Post
    Sir fortuner is ok sana kaso malayo ang presyo ng diesel, mas mahal by 100k-200k vs same year montero. Actually hindi ko na consider everest because of some horror stories from my friends regarding ford cars, kaya nag stick ako sa jap cars, and I'm not sure if I can do DIY
    those Everest with that year model are pretty much bullet proof. if yun lang talaga choices mo above will still go with Montero, since marami sa daan just look for low mileage and possible may maintenance record. that's what I did kasi itinago ko yung mga resibo at lahat ng mga parts, maintenance etc. para at least confident rin yun nakabili na maayos na maintain yung sasakyan.

pero with your budget na 500k, if you can save up pa sana a little bit and get nalang a brand new yun ang best option. you will have a worry free ownership for several years. that is kung 5seater lang naman ang gusto mo just go with sedan. a lot cheaper on maintenance.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by BlancNoir View Post
    Yes, parts are almost the same.

Consumables like brake pads, air filter and the likes costs almost the same.

Yung rear lights and headlights, yes mahal. But that is why we have insurance, right?

Thank you sa advice sir, I'll look into the forester again. Actlually, ang 2012/2011 model nya is cheaper than that on CRV, just not sure on the fc but I assume same same lang sila mga CUV, except for xtrail and grand vitara which are more gas guzzlers among its class

3. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Thank you sa advice sir, I'll look into the forester again. Actlually, ang 2012/2011 model nya is cheaper than that on CRV, just not sure on the fc but I assume same same lang sila mga CUV, except for xtrail and grand vitara which are more gas guzzlers among its class
    FC should be the same. expect 5 to 6 km/l in traffic.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Same as what BlancNoir said, the usual maintenance cost for such vehicles will be the same. These are CUVs and they will always cost a bit more to maintain compared to a subcompact or compact sedan. Unless you have a broken engine or tranny or cooling system, whatever the brand it will be expensive.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by isotopes7 View Post
    those Everest with that year model are pretty much bullet proof. if yun lang talaga choices mo above will still go with Montero, since marami sa daan just look for low mileage and possible may maintenance record. that's what I did kasi itinago ko yung mga resibo at lahat ng mga parts, maintenance etc. para at least confident rin yun nakabili na maayos na maintain yung sasakyan.

pero with your budget na 500k, if you can save up pa sana a little bit and get nalang a brand new yun ang best option. you will have a worry free ownership for several years. that is kung 5seater lang naman ang gusto mo just go with sedan. a lot cheaper on maintenance.

Thanks sir, I'll look into Everest din, mura ang resale nya so maintenance and usual na sakit ng sasakyan ang kelangan ko check

6. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Same as what BlancNoir said, the usual maintenance cost for such vehicles will be the same. These are CUVs and they will always cost a bit more to maintain compared to a subcompact or compact sedan. Unless you have a broken engine or tranny or cooling system, whatever the brand it will be expensive.

Mukang something for something talaga sir e, go with CUV and accept the "extras" that come with it. I think gusto ko lang ng extra height and more space than a sedan

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Thanks sir, I'll look into Everest din, mura ang resale nya so maintenance and usual na sakit ng sasakyan ang kelangan ko check
    I'm one happy owner of it till I sold it. I suggested it because I had a first hand experience. kung hinde lang talaga kailangan ni wife mag drive I won't let it go yet. na cocompare namin yung space ng Civic sa Everest which is we just throw everything in it. on the positive side since mababa resale value, that is good for second hand buyer like you. and if you will use it kamo for the next 5-7years I think resale will be not that much affected na naman.

Good luck in what ever na piliin mo sir. People sell their rides for several reason and one of those is dahil sakit na ng ulo. Bottom line it's second hand. make it sure na well maintained talaga.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Would not pick that gen of Montero.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by sean-archer View Post
    Would not pick that gen of Montero.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sir dahil ba to sa SUA or some other problems inherent sa montero?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Somebody in SFX FB group is selling a 2012 Forester 2.0L NA, 60k mileage for 570k (negotiable). There is also a 2009 2.5L XT at 450k and a 2010 2.0L NA for 430k. Just send me a PM and I can give you the contact details.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast