New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Magandang araw mga boss, hingi lang ako ng advice nyo sa plan kong pagbili ng sasakyan. Here are my details:

2nd hand kasi kaya ko cash and ayoko mag amortization
    Planning to use it mga 5-7 years
    I have one toddler and planning to add another
    Mostly city driving, Makati - Ortigas route, occasional out of town trips
    Office worker, so sabak sa traffic to
    Minimal car knowledge, but I plan to take Honda Safety Driving Center. Supposedly tinuturo din nila basics ng car repair etc.

Primarily reliability, maintenance, space, comfort, and fc concern ko though I know hindi maganda fc ng CUV's but I would need the space
    Resale value after 5-7 years, ok na ako sa cguro 100k - 200k na resale

Choices:

CRV 2012/2013 - around 650k (estimate based sa prices sa olx and philkotse)
    Montero 2011 - around 650k
    Xtrail 2012/2013 - around 450k
    CRV 2011 - around 500k
    ASX 2012

Concerns:

Cost of maintenance of Montero vs others
    FC of Xtrail vs value (year model vs price); worth it ba xtrail bilhin compared to others given na mas bago pa and mas mura?
    +150k worth it sa CRV 2012/2013 model vs 2011?

Please enlighten me on my choices above and ano piliin nyo in case

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Of the 5 choices...

Montero lang ang Diesel and it can seat 7...

Yes family of 3+1 kayo but the car seats for 2 kids means that the yaya will need to sit sa 3rd row (something you can't do with the other choices)

It's not the most comfortable car... pero masasanay ka din (plus the car is old, so di na din sya kasing stiff ng bago)

Maintenance... depende na lang ito sa swerte mo. But granting everything is equal, mas madalas change oil mo sa diesel.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    salamat sa reply sir!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    How about a Forester or CX5? For around 700k, you can find one which is around 4-5 years old.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    How about a Forester or CX5? For around 700k, you can find one which is around 4-5 years old.
    Sir dati gusto ko sana forester, concern ko lang is baka kainin ako ng parts and maintenance nya, I read somewhere na its more expensive by 25%(or more?) even against honda.

Actually stretch na yung 600k+ na budget, I'm trying to go 500k and lower sana

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    among your choices I will go with the biggest or with highest seat capacity.

Since may Montero sa list mo why not include Fortuner and Everest? my Previous ride was a Everest 2011 (acquired new) just sold it November 2018 with 130,000 km. ang bumigay lang during the my ownership was the AC compressor that is before I sold it, I do my own oil change and basic maintenance which is every 10,000km after the warranty using premium brand fully synthetic oils, Motul/Royal Purple, Liqui Moly and like is around 500 to 700ph per lit, it needs 7.5 Liters. and had it's major service during it's 95,000 km (timing belt, changed all fluid, idler bearing etc.). Siguro may makikita kang low mileage and well maintained, but even at that mileage wala pa akong na encounter na major issues, reason lang why ko benenta is because it's manual. Tumatanda na at hirap nako sa traffic and then si wife will be in driving na rin, hinde kasi pang newbie ang Everest lalo na manual, in replacement we got now the new Civic.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by IamVince View Post
    Sir dati gusto ko sana forester, concern ko lang is baka kainin ako ng parts and maintenance nya, I read somewhere na its more expensive by 25%(or more?) even against honda.

Actually stretch na yung 600k+ na budget, I'm trying to go 500k and lower sana
    Common misconception about subarus are the maintenance cost.

If sa casa ka mag papa PMS, then yes mahal (like all other casas). Pero kapag sa labas naman, same lang with other brands.
    I do my change oil and checkups sa Fusion R and reasonable naman price.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by isotopes7 View Post
    among your choices I will go with the biggest or with highest seat capacity.

Since may Montero sa list mo why not include Fortuner and Everest? my Previous ride was a Everest 2011 (acquired new) just sold it November 2018 with 130,000 km. ang bumigay lang during the my ownership was the AC compressor that is before I sold it, I do my own oil change and basic maintenance which is every 10,000km after the warranty using premium brand fully synthetic oils, Motul/Royal Purple, Liqui Moly and like is around 500 to 700ph per lit, it needs 7.5 Liters. and had it's major service during it's 95,000 km (timing belt, changed all fluid, idler bearing etc.). Siguro may makikita kang low mileage and well maintained, but even at that mileage wala pa akong na encounter na major issues, reason lang why ko benenta is because it's manual. Tumatanda na at hirap nako sa traffic and then si wife will be in driving na rin, hinde kasi pang newbie ang Everest lalo na manual, in replacement we got now the new Civic.
    Sir fortuner is ok sana kaso malayo ang presyo ng diesel, mas mahal by 100k-200k vs same year montero. Actually hindi ko na consider everest because of some horror stories from my friends regarding ford cars, kaya nag stick ako sa jap cars, and I'm not sure if I can do DIY

9. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by BlancNoir View Post
    Common misconception about subarus are the maintenance cost.

If sa casa ka mag papa PMS, then yes mahal (like all other casas). Pero kapag sa labas naman, same lang with other brands.
    I do my change oil and checkups sa Fusion R and reasonable naman price.
    Sir ang parts nya sa labas relatively same price lang din? Kasi based sa threads dati, parang ang price rear lights more than double that of CRV, and same with brake pads etc. medyo natakot ako dun hehehe

10. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by IamVince View Post
    Sir ang parts nya sa labas relatively same price lang din? Kasi based sa threads dati, parang ang price rear lights more than double that of CRV, and same with brake pads etc. medyo natakot ako dun hehehe
    Yes, parts are almost the same.

Consumables like brake pads, air filter and the likes costs almost the same.

Yung rear lights and headlights, yes mahal. But that is why we have insurance, right?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast