New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Why not just buy a Strada DiD? starts at 855k only. Very good crash ratings in Europe and USA, proven engine block. No chokes whatsoever. Very fast, nice ride too. It's very decent to be used as an office car or a business vehicle.

The Santa Fe CRDI VGT which I immersed in windshield deep flood (Araneta Ave) never had a problem for 3yrs already so this fear of common-rail is unfounded (except if you're gonna choose a Toyota D-4D which is kind of a lottery or worse, Isuzu 4JX1 <trooper '03>).

If we're gonna submit to the premise to buy only proven stuffs, then we'll never progress into the next generation of technology. We'd be stuck driving around steam engined cars.

We had a water-in-fuel scenario back then (here in manila of all places!!!) but all you have to is drain the fuel filter by loosening a little nut (its plug). That's it. After the water is gone, it'll go as if nothing happened again. It will not be damaged because when the computer senses that there's water, it will warn you through the instrument cluster panel (where the speedo is) and it will not go beyond 60kmh. Since you'll get used to driving at 160kmh around manila, you'll definitely notice that.

If I were you, I'd get a Strada 2.5 or a Montero Sport 2.5 (though for the MS, I would've prefered a 5MT than a 4AT).

Carens is a very good choice too. Kind of sayang though kung pang-business since it's very nice.

Anyway, good luck.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    double post ++++++++
    Last edited by XTO; May 13th, 2009 at 11:52 PM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by twister View Post
    korek ka dyan sir,ang mahal ng crosswind, compare sa adventure, but still im giving his a chance kung worth it nga kung gano sya kamahal compare sa adventure.
    ganun talaga pag proven na and reliable pa you know when i get my XTO (top of the line 'to in '01 ha? ) pinaka mura siya compared to Adventure and Revo but now kita mo? you know what i mean.

it's very cheap to maintain. 4 liters of oil every 4-5K kms, replacement filters (air, oil and fuel) cost around 200 each, it has a separate water separator so you can drain it as often as you want, FC at 12.+ kms/li on the manual tranny. then saan ka pa?

and i agree with HP, if you can afford the 1M++ carens, why not consider the faster and also reliable Mitsu DI-Ds Strada and Montero Sport 4X2? konti nalang dagdag mo.

good luck and wag magmadali
    Last edited by XTO; May 13th, 2009 at 11:51 PM.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    hello sir XTO, thanks for the adviced,now i know what fits in my family and business,its a mitsubishi STRADA,mahal konti pero ayus nga at ganda nga features nya.bigger engine ba,ayus nga samin,hehehe...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    adventure maganda ang style pero sa space kapag puno sobrang sikip di tulad ng sa crosswind malaki-laki pa ang space

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    So, ano napili mo? Strada na?

Mga taga TSCP diyan......iinvite nito na si sir twister

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    yes sir renzo_d10 we pick the mits STRADA,oks sya and fit for our business and family din...
    thanks sa mga reply nyo sir....

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by twister View Post
    yes sir renzo_d10 we pick the mits STRADA,oks sya and fit for our business and family din...
    thanks sa mga reply nyo sir....
    Road test na agad sir. Pagudpud to Sorsogon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
adventure gls sport VS crosswind XUV