New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    double.. sorry..
    Last edited by dr. d; April 23rd, 2014 at 01:28 AM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Santos View Post
    good day po. need ko po feedback on which one should we choose between Adventure 2014 GLX and the Crosswind XT and why sana. plan po kasi namin kumuha ng unit 4 family use. thank you ng marami.
    have you considered the diesel innova? the basic model is in the same price ballpark..
    some users say the innova is superior to either of these two...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    have you considered the diesel innova? the basic model is in the same price ballpark..
    some users say the innova is superior to either of these two...
    My uncle just got one of these base model innovas. Toyota dealer threw in free power locks and alarm. He added another 28k for power windows.

Best part was, dual airbags and anti lock brakes are now standard on all innova models. . Crosswind and adventure never had those safety features.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    I would choose the Crosswind, for the extra space. Engine wise I feel the Isuzu is more superior but may be a little more noisier and a bit jittery compared to the Adventure.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Adventure user here, and naturally I'll vouch for it. In paper, the Xwind has a wee bit more torque and horsepower, but I noticed that aside from the base variants, the other Xwinds have rather big wheels and bulky bodies. Heavier+bulkier=slower.

Here's what I like about the Advie:
    1. Dirt cheap maintenance: Yep, the newer CRDIs may be more powerful, but they will suck you dry every time you bring them for PMS (8K for oil change as per my brother's Hilux vs. 1.4K for mine, and yes, I do the change-oil myself).
    2. Decent power: The Advie's torque cannot be discounted, provided you learn how to do double clutch for those daring overtaking maneuvers. 80-90 kph for the Advie is just fine, at 100 and above, it will sound like a Fokker plane.
    3. Advie's slim profile: This factor is usually overlooked. The advie can squeeze in 7 adults (6 is comfortable). Aside from that, it is slim enough to traverse tight secondary roads and Philippine streets.
    4. Matipid: At 90kph, you can do 12km/liter on the highway. At 70-80kph, you get 14.++km/liter. Don't worry about running at "only" 90kph, any speed more than that is potentially dangerous for ANY vehicle or pedestrian.
    5. Ain't Hot: You won't worry that some random carjacker will take interest in risking their or your life for that Advie.
    6. Cheap parts: I don't know if this is true with the Xwind, but Advie parts are abundant, cheap, and can be found anywhere.

Of course there are times I yearn for a more powerful vehicle, but that is more for "pogi" appeal than for practical purposes. And even if I upgrade to a proper SUV, I won't let go of my Advie. HTH

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Santos View Post
    good day po. need ko po feedback on which one should we choose between Adventure 2014 GLX and the Crosswind XT and why sana. plan po kasi namin kumuha ng unit 4 family use. thank you ng marami.
    Ayaw mo Innova, may diesel din yun. Mas sulit yun.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by torque&pepper View Post
    Adventure user here, and naturally I'll vouch for it. In paper, the Xwind has a wee bit more torque and horsepower, but I noticed that aside from the base variants, the other Xwinds have rather big wheels and bulky bodies. Heavier+bulkier=slower.

Here's what I like about the Advie:
    1. Dirt cheap maintenance: Yep, the newer CRDIs may be more powerful, but they will suck you dry every time you bring them for PMS (8K for oil change as per my brother's Hilux vs. 1.4K for mine, and yes, I do the change-oil myself).
    2. Decent power: The Advie's torque cannot be discounted, provided you learn how to do double clutch for those daring overtaking maneuvers. 80-90 kph for the Advie is just fine, at 100 and above, it will sound like a Fokker plane.
    3. Advie's slim profile: This factor is usually overlooked. The advie can squeeze in 7 adults (6 is comfortable). Aside from that, it is slim enough to traverse tight secondary roads and Philippine streets.
    4. Matipid: At 90kph, you can do 12km/liter on the highway. At 70-80kph, you get 14.++km/liter. Don't worry about running at "only" 90kph, any speed more than that is potentially dangerous for ANY vehicle or pedestrian.
    5. Ain't Hot: You won't worry that some random carjacker will take interest in risking their or your life for that Advie.
    6. Cheap parts: I don't know if this is true with the Xwind, but Advie parts are abundant, cheap, and can be found anywhere.

Of course there are times I yearn for a more powerful vehicle, but that is more for "pogi" appeal than for practical purposes. And even if I upgrade to a proper SUV, I won't let go of my Advie. HTH
    Taga naman oil change mo, oil and oil filter lang palit dito sa copany service namin wala pa 1,300 eh. Delo Gold ultra gamit namin tapos OEM filter. Yung hilux nang brother mo baka yung 3.0ltr yun.

Tsaka di hamak na mas matipid innova kesa advie or xwind.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    8K for oil change as per my brother's Hilux HTH[/QUOTE]

sobra naman yan! baka may iba pang kasama yan na hindi nasabi ni brother..
    ... synthetic oil? ...premium engine flush?
    heh heh.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    * RY_Tower: Well, that's the approximate of how much I spend, but it's within the ball park isn't it?

* dr.d: That's what he said when I was comparing PMS costs between SUVs.

I'm not trying to start a debate or dwell into collateral matters. Just a first hand user sharing what for me are virtues of the Advie. The Innova may be good but the TS was asking between Advie or Xwind. By sharing my input, I was just trying to help the TS. I hope such opinion is respected.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Medyo mahirap magkwentuhan sa loob ng crosswind compared sa adventure kasi mas maingay ang makina.
    Mas comfortable pati ride ng adventure, kapag gls kinuha mo may gps and dvd na din kaso at that price range konti na lang innova na.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast