New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    I made a reservation sa 1.6 gl MT DSL sedan accent. I'll use it for Uber / Grab so medyo similar sa taxi. For me, mas gusto ko lang look ng Accent compared sa vios. Konting upgrade lang HU, foglight and wheels, mukhang sosyal na. I'll keep you posted or probably will make a log regarding sa takbo nya. Sana ma release na unit asap

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Gouya View Post
    I made a reservation sa 1.6 gl MT DSL sedan accent. I'll use it for Uber / Grab so medyo similar sa taxi. For me, mas gusto ko lang look ng Accent compared sa vios. Konting upgrade lang HU, foglight and wheels, mukhang sosyal na. I'll keep you posted or probably will make a log regarding sa takbo nya. Sana ma release na unit asap
    personally, if i will use it as taxi, i won't bother with the upgrades.
    i'll just keep it clean and smelling fresh.
    Last edited by dr. d; May 24th, 2016 at 12:32 AM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    personally, if i will use it as taxi, i won't bother with the upgrades.
    i'll just keep it clean and smelling fresh.
    Mix-used sya sir. I will also use the unit for personal purposes..

4. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Mix-used sya sir. I will also use the unit for personal purposes..
    sir planning to get same unit i was torn between vios 1.3 e and this, kamusta na yung unit nio sir?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    kung hindi pala practical ang accent, alin bale ang mas maganda pang grab/uber service car - base model ng mirage o vios?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    kung hindi pala practical ang accent, alin bale ang mas maganda pang grab/uber service car - base model ng mirage o vios?
    My only concern with the Accent is the cost...

If you plan to use it for business, then your return of investment will be longer with the Accent (compared to the bare Vios/Mirage)

After xx years... You'll also get a better resale value with the Vios.

BUT, if you really like the Accent (looks/features/engine etc) then go for it. Otherwise, there will be this constant what-if running in your head.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    How 'bout the Suzuki Ciaz for taxi cab? Di pa din ako nakakapili ng car..altho pinapa approve ko na sa bank for accent dsl. According sa toyota, may lalabas daw na dual vvti ang vios. Mas matipid na ba yun?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    vios way better

9. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    I own a car with similar engine sa 1st gen accent crdi. Now at 260,000kms and close going 12years old. Still on original turbo, orig timing chains, virgin internals and injection pumps. No egr blanking and no OCC, no turbo timer installed. Eto, daily driver ko since matipid sya. 14km/L at diesel pa yun kaya mas mura.

Anyway, bantayan mo lang oil. Laging fully synthetic gamit ko at original oil filter at 7Tkms. Palit orig fuel filter din ako every 10T kms. Let it idle mga 1min before shutting off engine. Palit air filter rin every month. Bnew Air filter for my unit is only 120 pesos.. LOL.

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    Also planning to buy a Hyundai Accent Sedan to be used as Grab/personal vehicle but in automatic (DCT to be exact). Ive driven this and the vios in both manual and matic. IMHO the accent trumps the vios in terms of fuel efficiency. I grew up with diesel engines so I'm kinda familiar with how they work. I also intend to drive it myself so there would be no issues how the vehicle is run.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast