New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I cried my eyes out watching the buyer drive away with it. But I know it will serve its new owner well. The big body made me a Toyota fan. It's a great car. My friend has a love life and I find the cabin space masikip. I'd still choose the big body over the love life.
    i know the feeling..
    but i didn't cry when the guy drove my 14 year old sentra away.. i sat for a while, looking at the empty garage.. then i rushed to the store to get something to park in it!
    Last edited by dr. d; April 11th, 2015 at 03:00 PM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jcal68 View Post
    Yup. . .we learned. We did not let ignorance get the better of us.
    malikadyan!!
    ignorance did get the better of me.. many times!
    the most memorable one, was when i bought an ex-taxi!!! jan ako natuto! ... crash course.. all about cars..!! something new everytime i would visit the garage..
    my best teacher... Professor Ignorance! and his assistant.. Assistant Professor Experience!
    heh heh.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    I cried my eyes out watching the buyer drive away with it. But I know it will serve its new owner well. The big body made me a Toyota fan. It's a great car. My friend has a love life and I find the cabin space masikip. I'd still choose the big body over the love life.
    Wow. . .I hate to be the guy na makabanggaan mo. We use to have GLi. We replaced it with an Altis. Maybe so that I won't cry din. . .he he

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jcal68 View Post
    Wow. . .I hate to be the guy na makabanggaan mo. We use to have GLi. We replaced it with an Altis. Maybe so that I won't cry din. . .he he
    Ano kinalaman banggaan?. I don't think the buyer saw me crying. Only my whole family And I also replaced my big body with an Altis

5. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    malikadyan!!
    ignorance did get the better of me.. many times!
    the most memorable one, was when i bought an ex-taxi!!! jan ako natuto! ... crash course.. all about cars..!! something new everytime i would visit the garage..
    my best teacher... Professor Ignorance! and his assistant.. Assistant Professor Experience!
    heh heh.
    He he. . .I call my good experiences as adventures. The bad ones as misadventures. Either way these experiences made us better naman. . .sana

6. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Ano kinalaman banggaan?. I don't think the buyer saw me crying. Only my whole family And I also replaced my big body with an Altis
    Kasi loves mo grabe car mo at ayaw mo magasgasan kahit konti. Kung nagkataon nasagi car mo, kawawa sa iyo yung nakasaging driver sigurado.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    call me old-fashioned but i prefer carbs. napakadali kasing ayusin. lesser electricals, walang sensors. pag 10-year old cars, expect wear and tear problems. pag may problema sa carb engine, either electrical or carb. ganun lang, whereas sa efi, maraming possibilities sa problema. just my piece..

8. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

there is a problem, sir.
    most backyards, front yards, and home garages do not have the gadget that connects to the diagnostic port.
    many "mechanics" do not even know what a diagnostic port is!

and this same fear of the unknown.. going to that hi-tech garage for repair is out of the question! "..mahal doon! at baka lokohin lang ako..! kay mang kepweng na lang.. kababata siya ni itay.. hindi ako lolokohin niyon.."
    Yup pero internet age na tayo ngayon, yung mga solution sa auto na sa casa at sinesikreto lang ng casa paano gawin pwede mo na makuha sa internet. Lalo na sa corolla na more than 20 years na existing ang EFI engine. Kinaganda ng 4afe engine, metal hairpin lang kailangan mo, to short on diagnostic port and research mo na lang sa google ano interpretation ng pag blink ng check engine light sa panel gauge. No need for a laptop or computer program. Yung laptop pang internet research mo na lang.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    it is not illegal to learn. the power of the internet make a few idiots smart. the information about cars ten years or older are usually found in the internet. if not, write to this forum or check with international automotive technician's network (iATN.com)

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    it is not illegal to learn. the power of the internet make a few idiots smart. the information about cars ten years or older are usually found in the internet. if not, write to this forum or check with international automotive technician's network (iATN.com)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast