Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    Then don't get fat chicks hehehehe
    Problem is the car is full of chicks

2. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    W
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    kayong mga bata ngayon...
    nung panahon namin, "underpowered" meant local rubber shoes during the intrams.. adidas hurricane (local 'to noon) worth 89.95 kesos, start of cool... adidas rom, status symbol na 'yon..superstar, bigtime ka na! stan smith.. hulog ng langit! (either may uncle ka sa US, o smuggler si kuya).
    Hehe. But really the 1.3 xe has the worse power to weight ratio. I think it is only running with 70hp and also around the same number for torque, but it is pulling what we call a "big body" corolla back then.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by sientobente View Post
    when i was in college, my car was a 1.3 XE. talagang underpowered yun. nakakahiya pa kapag may kasama kang mga chicks, coz hirap na hirap nga sa arangkada. when i graduated from school, i immediately invested in a 4AGE Silvertop. didn't have that problem anymore.
    hmm. . .chickS. . .plural. . .
    kapag tatlo kayo. . .THREEsome
    panahon namin puro. . .TWOsome lang. . .

pero we are not loners and never allow ourselves to be called. . .

HANDsome. . .

4. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    Then don't get fat chicks hehehehe
    hehehehehee .. I'm not single anymore, my current 2e 1.3 is use as a family car ... usually a up to 5 people plus luggage in the trunk, thats where the extra power of the GLI 1.6 could be put to good use .. Cannot afford an old school sportivo as of the moment .. I'm currently in a crossroad whether to sell my 2e 1.3, the thing that scares me is what if I've regret buying an EFI when problems arise, it the cost of repairing an EFI compare to a carburetor .. a carburetor is easy and cheap to maintain .. but underpowered nga lang ..

5. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I'll get the GLi so long as it was a properly maintained model. The usual problems on old EFI cars would be erratic or divebombing idling but this can be fixed (cleaning sensors, ensuring your ground wires and HT wires are good, cleaning the intake manifold, IACV, etc.).

We also had a AE101 and AE111 1.3L back in the day and it served its purpose. I prefer EFI cars as these are more consistent with the FC and they're more straightforward to maintain in my case.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'll get the GLi so long as it was a properly maintained model. The usual problems on old EFI cars would be erratic or divebombing idling but this can be fixed (cleaning sensors, ensuring your ground wires and HT wires are good, cleaning the intake manifold, IACV, etc.).

We also had a AE101 and AE111 1.3L back in the day and it served its purpose. I prefer EFI cars as these are more consistent with the FC and they're more straightforward to maintain in my case.
    Are there no issues that na tirik ang EFI on long drives, pagnatirik kasi ang 2e, madali lang i-trouble shoot ng kahit sinong mechanic, ang EFI ba mahirap i-trouble shoot ??

6. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaremos View Post
    Are there no issues that na tirik ang EFI on long drives, pagnatirik kasi ang 2e, madali lang i-trouble shoot ng kahit sinong mechanic, ang EFI ba mahirap i-trouble shoot ??
    When I was younger I also worked in motor shop. Pero magmula nang lumabas ang computer assisted systems, hindi ko kaya maski tune-up kasi di ko na maintindihan. . .

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    kayong mga bata ngayon...
    nung panahon namin, "underpowered" meant local rubber shoes during the intrams.. adidas hurricane (local 'to noon) worth 89.95 kesos, start of cool... adidas rom, status symbol na 'yon..superstar, bigtime ka na! stan smith.. hulog ng langit! (either may uncle ka sa US, o smuggler si kuya).
    napatawa ako dito ah.. meron kang nalimutan, yong adidas squire, 142 pesos yon. tapos ang rom, 210 yata. basta alala ko, mahigit 300 ang stan smith. sikat kana nyan pag stan smith ang suot... ang kotse ko noon, minica. kukunti palang may kotse noong araw. lol

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    A 2000 XE with 2E engine was my daily driver until 2 years ago when it was upgraded to a 2005 Altis 1.6J. In my experience mas matipid pa yung Altis kesa dun sa lovelife na dati kong gamit with power to boot.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaremos View Post
    As i said previously, it's not whether the car is EFI or carburetor, it's how the previous owner maintained it. If you maintain the car properly (regular service, use the proper parts, and replacement of the filters, etc.) then hindi ka ititirik sa long drives. On trouble shooting, a Toyota Corolla 4AFE is still pretty straightforward to repair as long as you go to the proper mechanic or shop.

Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    A 2000 XE with 2E engine was my daily driver until 2 years ago when it was upgraded to a 2005 Altis 1.6J. In my experience mas matipid pa yung Altis kesa dun sa lovelife na dati kong gamit with power to boot.
    My 1.4L Sentra with a carb does 6-7km/L in traffic. My daily drive 1.6L Altis on the other hand will always be spot-on 9km/L++ to 10km/L in the same conditions.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Yung 18 yr old GLi ko naibiyahe pa ng buyer sa La Union.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast