New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    otep,
    yap there is. i sourced the info mostly there so i decided to have this as my choice
    m_ron,
    will do ask. hehe..
    where will be the compression test be took?.
    it has already projectors on. and i think the black part is too painted.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I think it's a *must* to do a compression test on the audi since he already upgraded the turbo and ecu.Bring it to a knowledgeable shop that can do a compression test with ofcourse permission from your friend.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    any shop you can suggest?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    AFAIK, Central Diesel along Quezon Avenue can do compression tests. PM mo si Dieseldude.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    just make sure they don't do a diesel compression test.

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    search mo lang. afair, merong nakapost dito na na tel no. nung malapit na shop sa balintawak.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    odell,

ito ba un audi a4 na nasa madrigal st. in Ayala Alabang?? may nakita kami na 1.8T 550k manual tranny rin, black.

id get the A4... gwapo e. plus it ages well compared to the cefiro.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by m_ron View Post
    I think it's a *must* to do a compression test on the audi since he already upgraded the turbo and ecu.Bring it to a knowledgeable shop that can do a compression test with ofcourse permission from your friend.
    Yup, this can save you a ton in headaches and repairs... most decent shops carry a compression tester (do a dry and wet test); try checking Autotechanika, Speedyfix, etc... Lift up the car as well to do an underchassis inspection as you can find things like leaks and underchassis hits/stresses.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    *DITTO* on the compression test for the Audi... sad thing that a compression tester is such a simple thing, but so hard to find at the automotive stores here (Have been looking for years, want one for my own garage...)

^cheap... $31 only...

If the guy didn't put too much boost into the Audi (i.e.: if it's around just 180 or so...) and it tests okay, I'd go for that one. More potential, for one, and for another, definitely less headaches registration-wise and set-up wise than a swapped car. (you never know how good the swapped surplus engine is...)

And since you're already used to owning cars with poor dealer support (Volvo? Hehe...), then the wait and search for parts won't be an issue with you, right?

Plus, it's fully set-up already. Less work for you... and more fun to drive...

Make the Cefiro swap a 3.0 MT, though, and I might change my mind...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Ayaw mo ng 3-Series or Accord/Camry na lang? They're certainly better cars than your choices.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
97 Audi A4 1.8T or 01 Nissan cefiro elite v6