New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bratski View Post
    pajero, easier to maintain dahil kapareho makina ng L300. safari is too bulky and malakas sa diesel.mas maganda rin interior ng pajero. only thing going for the safari is mukhang politician or psg ang nakasakay hehehe. Opinion ko lang po
    bro,
    you forgot... mukhang artista din or a driver :D

Seriously, maintenance wise the patrol is easier to maintain ( had a Gen1 before), it has front and rear solid diffs therefore few moving parts compared to IFS front suspension of a Pajero, though the later offers a more comfortable ride ( not heaven and hell ha..). May mga parts din na mas mura yun sa Patrol like yun oil filter and fuel filter niya. Fuel economy is around the 7-8km/li city and 10-12 km/li highway. I wouldn't say na malakas since you could make 10 km/li in the city if you drive it like your grandma. It has a 4.2 liter 6 cylinder inline engine kaya smooth siya compared to the 4 banger of the Pajero. I like the amenities and creature comfort of the Pajero.
    Last edited by afrasay; December 28th, 2006 at 08:54 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Safari....rear diff lock....coils on all fours...solid front and rear axle....
    pero
    Pajero din 4D56TDiC, double wishbone front and the Super Select 4WD...

Trooper na nga lang he..he
    Last edited by kimpOy; December 28th, 2006 at 11:15 PM.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    I've driven both. Sa Pajero ako.

Mas madali i-drive ang Pajero. Great visibility. Lots of space "inside". Well laid-out ang instrumentation panels. Super-select shifts like a dream.

Dual Aircon na ang 96 Pajero, at 7 seater...all seat belt.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ar24458 View Post
    both local 96 model, which is best?
    Oh. Both manual transmission, right? It will now only depend on the condition-- original paint and lower kilometers of course will sway the vote. I'd go for the Pajero on even terms.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    thanks...

i think majority on pajero.....

wats the diff between 95 pajero and 96 pajero? mukang dame nanloloko bout mga year models e......

thanks

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ar24458 View Post
    thanks...

i think majority on pajero.....

wats the diff between 95 pajero and 96 pajero? mukang dame nanloloko bout mga year models e......

thanks
    Ang alam ko lang, may aircon vents sa 2nd and 3rd rows ang 96 model.
    Mine also has 2 shock-absorber seats...sa front. Aircon and heater (very nice sa Bagiuo) settings.

97 Pajero....bench type na ang 3rd row, just like the FieldMaster.

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy View Post
    Safari....rear diff lock....coils on all fours...solid front and rear axle....
    pero
    Pajero din 4D56TDiC, double wishbone front and the Super Select 4WD...

Trooper na nga lang he..he
    parang ganito ako nung sept 03.

btw, both driven it. kung hanap mo riding comfort go for the paj. if you want ruggedness go for the safari. its a matter of prefence talaga on the buyer.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    i own a pajero 1996 2.5. the body and interior looks very great, and its super select 4x4 is proven however I am feeling some short of underpower with my pajero, it only commands a 99 horsepower which is very lacking in a 4 x 4 off road vehicle. unlike in safari the engine command a 4.2 ltr displacement very powerful in its class the only problem with safari is its 4 x 4 its not that good as compare to pajero, u cant run it for more than 40km/hr. sum total I still looking forward of selecting patrol and maybe swap my pajero with it

10. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    pajero also burn diesel at 10km/ltr

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
96 pajero vs 96 safari patrol