New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by paulp View Post
    Please correct me if Im wrong, pero parang i read somewhere that the esi civics were prone to rust sa roof nila?
    U got ESI's achiles heel!!! Sakit ng ESI body yan... no matter what year model. Ive been involved in selling these, and yun madalas kong na-eencounter, minsan the rust is just like a li'l "pimple" in the roof tapos lalala... too bad. I had some prospect buyers b4 na did go to other cars 2loy coz of the issue. Pro over all I think it's a draw bet. the 2.. both has it's share of pros and cons, (ayoko ng ulitin mahaba ;)) all are pretty much mentioned already on this thread. May parang nagaaway nga lang ata, guys lets stop it, para tayong teenagers. As for the topic debated, for me it all comes down to w/c car has less mileage, better maintained and what car would match the buyer's "personality"..nuff said!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Rust is the reason why ESis are overpriced; also an evidence how the Japanese Car of the Year Award can be so misleading. :evil:

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    hayyyy ang hirap mamili sa dalawang ito ah.. :D

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    onga hirap nga mamili

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Corolla! parts galore

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    corolla gli
    pros: more amenities(?) and safety features, better rust resistance
    cons: consumes more gas, somewhat anemic twin-cam engine, average resale value, strut-type suspension

civic esi
    pros: economical, strong sohc engine, better resale value, double-wishbone suspension
    cons: rust-prone, lacks amenities (cupholders ) and safety features (ABS, airbag)

*we've had both these cars. maintenance cost is roughly the same (orig parts). i liked the esi better.

OT: how about a sentra or a lancer? hehe

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    roughly the same with the parts sir? like how much? can you give a specific parts and compare the price with toyota parts? thanks, reply is very much appreciated.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    I go for Corolla

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by inchcockie View Post
    corolla gli
    pros: more amenities(?) and safety features, better rust resistance
    cons: consumes more gas, somewhat anemic twin-cam engine, average resale value, strut-type suspension

civic esi
    pros: economical, strong sohc engine, better resale value, double-wishbone suspension
    cons: rust-prone, lacks amenities (cupholders ) and safety features (ABS, airbag)

*we've had both these cars. maintenance cost is roughly the same (orig parts). i liked the esi better.

OT: how about a sentra or a lancer? hehe

Are you sure the ESi is more economical? I don't really think so. It's non-VTEC and has less torque than the GLi. How many km/liter do you get on both cars? As for anemic engine, maybe it's the lack of revs. But my GLi is strong in any gear. An equivalent Honda, VTEC or not, needs to be revved a lot in order to feel resonsive.

Also, resale value is just about the same. And with rust issues, the ESi's selling price should be lower than a same-age GLi. Though I agree the Honda can be more fun with a slicker gearbox, better driving position and an engine that sings slightly better, the Toyota offers better everyday motoring needs.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    We have both cars. I drive/like ESi alot. Get the GLi.

IMO:
    GLi - cheap maintenance, less sporty, less rust prob, lots of replacement parts
    ESi - mahal maintenance (madaming pinapalitan pagnasira), sporty, rust problem, lots of JDM accessories

I think mas economical ang GLi

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
95 corolla gli or 95 civic esi