New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    mas mataas na po ang resale ng Corolla AE101 dito. except if its a late Exsior model Corona. but the 93's even the facelifted 95-96 Corona's resale suffers against 93-97 Corolla GLis.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    by the way guys, the corona already had its timing belt replaced at 54,000 kms. it was replaced at this mileage because it became brittle due to age. timing belts are supposed to be replaced at 80,000 kms, but that is if the car is used in daily driving condtions. but our corona has been garaged most of the time.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    its a very hard decision. i had the opportunity to drive both cars. they're both solid performers, durability-wise. but for practical reasons, its good that you chose to keep the corolla.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by non-vtec View Post
    its a very hard decision. i had the opportunity to drive both cars. they're both solid performers, durability-wise. but for practical reasons, its good that you chose to keep the corolla.
    you hit it right on the dot bro..a very hard one. everytime i drive the corona, i'm having second thoughts on selling it, but then again, i'm happy with the corolla, so the corona is still for sale

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Corona sayang yan kasi limited lang yan at hindi common pero vs practicality since mahal gas

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    guys, just an update..the corona's still with me..decided not to push through with the sale..fortunately for me, my mom isn't leaving for canada in the near future, so we still have both our aging horses on our garage

i'm enjoying the spaciousness, comfort and the reliability of my old mid size car, parang ayaw ko ng ibenta siya talaga..

unless 2002-2003 Camry 2.4V ang kapalit haha

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Hehe, usually threads under this sub-forum are asking which one to buy, now this one's questioning which to sell.

Good for you that you get to keep both cars at the moment. I know you've had a lot of great, sentimental moments with them, but they are material things that can be replaced unlike humans. It's good to love your cars, but when time comes such that you have to part ways, be prepared.

Just my $.02

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
'93 Corona EX Saloon or '96 Corolla GLi