New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    im debating on what car to get...they are both worth 200k...what are the pros and cons and why...thanks...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I had a civic, 97 model. Kung 97 model sana ang kinabitan ng b16, mas maganda. After 13 years No signs of rust and kalampag. Since it is a 93 model, mejo matanda na at most probably laspag na ang suspension at kaha.

Go for the 00 lynx. lesser problem and definitely mas sariwa.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I'd vote for lynx 00. bilib ako sa tibay ng lynx, yung lynx namen nabaha na't lahat lahat, sobrang maayos pa rin ang takbo hanggang ngayon.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by aQord View Post
    im debating on what car to get...they are both worth 200k...what are the pros and cons and why...thanks...
    the lynx will have more value for your money.its newer and less problems. wag kang manghinayang sa b16a engine sir, its useless kung bulok na ang kotse.

its more practical to have a newer vehicle than an upgraded but older car.
    Last edited by aejhayl17; March 23rd, 2010 at 12:55 AM.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    fair enough....

anymore inputs?

but yea...the b16a is nice!!! wow

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    there is also this 96 vti for 200k....

96vti or 00 lynx gsi?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    there is also this 96 vti for 200k....

96vti or 00 lynx gsi?
    i doubt if that vti is in its "better" condition. why not also try a corolla or an altis? the altis 01-04 may range atleast 220k-280k or baka mas mababa pa. my 04 altis E is priced at 300k by a buy and sell here in Malabon (after ondoy but not a victim).

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    i doubt if that vti is in its "better" condition. why not also try a corolla or an altis? the altis 01-04 may range atleast 220k-280k or baka mas mababa pa. my 04 altis E is priced at 300k by a buy and sell here in Malabon (after ondoy but not a victim).
    im not really a big fan of toyota sports compact car. im actually looking for a car i can work with and turn it in to a show and go car. that's why i was considering the civic with the b16a. my budget is about 200k.

also i found a 1990 nissan cefiro and its in a good condition.

any more advice? thanks

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    im not really a big fan of toyota sports compact car. im actually looking for a car i can work with and turn it in to a show and go car. that's why i was considering the civic with the b16a. my budget is about 200k.
    ah kaya pala, may sports compact car ba ang toyota sir? anyways, i thought it was for every day use. honda offers one of the widest(maybe the widest after all) aftermarket mods in our market.

i

also i found a 1990 nissan cefiro and its in a good condition.

any more advice? thanks
    its super oldschool.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Eto nalang sir ...

Don't get old-aged vehicles if you have the money to buy a newer one.

-

The 1990 Cefiro is old. And, it's somewhat a drift vehicle.
    The 93 Civic is old.
    The 00 Lynx is hard to dress-up.
    The Honda 96 - 00 civic models is the best vehicles to dress up. Aftermarket parts are everywhere. Just don't get the SiR, even if it carries a B16A engine, why ? It's hard to find a stock one, and most of them are raced already.

- I know. The honda is quite out of the budget. But since you're looking for a show and go vehicle, the EK might be the best vehicle for you since it's not just a newer vehicle but even at stock state the image of the vehicle doesn't die.

- Well. If you don't want the EK. Just get the ESi ( '93 Civic ) . You have no choices available unless you consider the Mazda and Nissan Sentra's on your list.

- The Mitsubishi has suspension issues so, err ... don't consider this anymore.

93 civic w/b16a or 00 lynx gsi??