The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    WRX manual.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveLoveInvest View Post
    I dont know if its just me pero I dont find the new miata very appealing to my eyes hehe

Is the matic version of the wrx really not good? Was only able to ride it thrice pero as a passenger since my previous boss owns one. I'm not sure if gusto ko pa magmanual given na pag naipit ka sa traffic medyo hassle sa muscle haha pero if I'd consider a manual wrx then I might go for the sti nalang.
    Say what you will about the lack of feel from CVTs, but there's one thing that it does right - keep you in the powerband ALL the time.

I haven't driven the WRX CVT, but I've pushed the limits of the Forester XT which has the same engine and transmission. The changing of gear ratios is so smooth that there's no jerk that people often associate with downshifting, so it seems like it's not going fast. But it really is. Very fast, in the case of the turbo Subaru.

Also especially useful for a turbo is that the CVT means that you minimize turbo lag as you keep the revs up.

So if you want the WRX CVT, go ahead, it's still an unbelievably fast car under P2M. CVT may not feel fast, but it goes fast.

Although if you ask me, I'd rather get a Forester XT than a WRX. It gives you most of the power but comes with much more class, refinement, ground clearance, and space. And for a crossover, it handles very well.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I have to agree with jut. Subaru's CVT may not give the sensation of going fast like a DCT or MT but the FA20 on the WRX or XT can make it run fast.

The Forester XT may not appeal to a single yuppie male but it's the practical performance crossover for the family man. It was hard for me to sell the WRX with the wife but she has no reservations against the Forester XT.

However, the best thing to do is to test drive all the choices and then choose the one that feels best for you. All our suggestions here will not matter anymore if you found the car that feels right in your hands.
    Last edited by Egan101; May 23rd, 2017 at 11:13 PM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I have to agree with jut. Subaru's CVT may not give the sensation of going fast like a DCT or MT but the FA20 on the WRX or XT can make it run fast.

The Forester XT may not appeal to a single yuppie male but it's the practical performance crossover for the family man. It was hard for me to sell the WRX with the wife but she has no reservations against the Forester XT.

However, the best thing to do is to test drive all the choices and then choose the one that feels best for you. All our suggestions here will not matter anymore if you found the car that feels right in your hands.
    I'm a single yuppie male and the XT appeals to me much more than the WRX CVT. 😁

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12