New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Jazz isn't too stiff. The suspension may not be as soft as the Accent, but is decently supple when compared to the likes of the Fiesta Sport
    you are correct sir i was just pointing out that if he is used to soft suspensions, he might be surprised or wonder why is the Jazz a little more stiff/rigid.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Toyota Altis 1.6G 6MT for me. May sukli pa yun 900k mo.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    sooo TS, which car did you end up buying?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Among your choices my pick is either the jazz or the lancer ex. Is the jazz the top of the line variant? If it is, i dont think it looks feminine. It looks aggressive and cool for me. Pero the new accent hatch is possibly the most practical car right now. Assuming na walang problems. Malaki matitipid sa fuel. Maganda rin itsura

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    From the choices, lancer for me. It lacks trunk space though. strollers and baby stuff can fit with no problem. On the other hand, if there are other stuff to put in, well choose something else. Only advantage is you can fold the rear seats to accommodate more.

Driving it, I like it. Take the gps option... It's a great feature.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Thanks for all the replies guys. All your insights has been helpful and we really appreciate taking time to broaden our knowledge. We've already decided and we're getting a black Lancer EX GLX 1.6 AT. Just got my wifey's stamp of approval. The decision actually went down between the Lancer EX GLX and the Altis 1.6G. Judging from our requirements, the lancer fits

1. Reliability/Good after sales - so far I only read the 'kalampag' issue with EX other than that, the car seems to be sturdy. With regards to after sales, I'm reading good reviews from Diamond Motors Quezon Ave. I might bring our car over there for maintenance.

2. Safety - The lancer has two airbags, Altis 1.6G trim only has one. Lancer also has disc-disc brakes front and rear while the Altis 1.6G disc-drum.

3. Space - Lancer felt more spacious inside and me being a long legged guy had ample of leg space in the back. The trunk was definitely small but as [archie] said, it was adequate enough for the stroller and some baby knick knacks. If ever we might carry a large box or a bike (on rare occasions), the 60/40 folding seats would be very helpful.

4. Fuel Economy - End-user reports about the Lancer's fuel economy looks good. It manages between 9km/L-14km/L on real world drives.

5. Looks - Lancer is definitely a looker for me and my wife agrees. Even though the design was from 2008, I think the Lancer Fortis' look will age well like the Lancer Pizza and GSR. It'll be fun to dress it up as well.

On top of our requirements, there were also some additional bonuses we got from choosing the Lancer:

- Additional discounts and a free ipad mini.
    - Touch screen head unit we could just hook up a usb disk drive full of music and videos.
    - Arm rest with two cup holders on the backseat

We also opted to have the fog lamps and GPS installed as the MX trim only has it.

Don't get me wrong though I like the Altis too if we could only afford the 1.6v trim.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Congratulations on your new Lancer EX! I also picked the same car after choosing among Lancer EX, Hyundai Elantra, and Honda City. Main consideration for me was its VERY roomy interior and its looks. Oh, and the LCD head unit was also a big plus. Only "disappointment" (if you want to call it that) is the small trunk size, but for my everyday needs it will suffice.

Fuel economy is not phenomenal, but it's decent enough. If my top priority was FE, then i would have gotten the City instead. That's the main reason it was on my list in the first place, but decided that it's too expensive for a subcompact.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234