New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    At 506L, the City has the biggest trunk in its class, and trumps many of those in the class above it. But then this car is ubiquitous! I see them everywhere. Even though its not a bad looking car, it doesn't stand out anymore.

I'd suggest you check out the Hyundai Elantra and Kia Soul 1.6A/T.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Alright then, I'll add the Elantra to my list. I actually liked it when it was released.

As this is going to be a company car, I'm not sure what dealership the car will come from. For PMS, do I need to go back to its source or can I choose any dealership?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by alvinator View Post
    Alright then, I'll add the Elantra to my list. I actually liked it when it was released.

As this is going to be a company car, I'm not sure what dealership the car will come from. For PMS, do I need to go back to its source or can I choose any dealership?
    You can service it at a dealership of your own choice

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Why not include Nissan's Grand Livina Highway Star Luxury at 928,000. It is very fast, has lots of space, plus it can seat 7 people.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by sawsawmaster View Post
    Why not include Nissan's Grand Livina Highway Star Luxury at 928,000. It is very fast, has lots of space, plus it can seat 7 people.
    or the Nissan Almera. 810k for the top of the line (for now).

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Others are correct about the jazz. the suspension might be to stiff for you and your family since it is designed to haul lots of cargo. Anyway i see that you are considering the city more than the jazz now

I may also suggest the Suzuki SX4 Crossover. I was torn between the Jazz, Altis and SX4. Heck if the Lancer EX 1.6 was released by then, i may consider it also. But for my needs, i chose the Jazz.

It really depends on your needs and wants for a car. Also i may suggest that you test drive them all.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Jazz isn't too stiff. The suspension may not be as soft as the Accent, but is decently supple when compared to the likes of the Fiesta Sport

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Yes. After all, you considered the Altis, and it's got quite a few problems too:

- A-pillar rattles
    - Trunk release not working
    - Noisy steering column when turning
    - Parking sensors messing up in the rain

These are some of the things that I've seen on the Altis thread, and unfortunately, I experienced ALL of them. It doesn't make the Altis a bad car though. Each of these vehicles have issues of their own, it's just that some particular groups of people tend to voice out their inconvenience more than others.
    I agree 100% to this. I currently own 5 rides one isuzu, 2 hondas & 2 Hyundais. The complaints about PMS is a story for all car brands.. Hindi ito dapat maging deal breaker basta marunong ka maghanap ng casa na ok sa yo..

9. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Thanks guys, I'm adding Hyundai 2012 Elantra 1.6 GL AT to my list to test drive. I can't add the suggested Grand Livina and Soul unfortunately because above 900k is really pushing our budget. Here's my list ranked according to paper specs and visits on show rooms:

1. Honda City 1.5E AT
    2. Toyota Corolla Altis 1.6G AT
    3. Hyundai Elantra 1.6 GL AT
    4. Mitsubishi Lancer 1.6 EX GLX AT

No offense but I didn't like the Almera in the flesh.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Of the four, tagilid yung City IMHO. I drive a 2009 City and it's a good car with decent FC and useful big trunk. Given the choice, I'd still pick a compact over a sub-compact (Civic over City, Altis over Vios, Elantra over Accent).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast