New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    parang may catch diyan sa galant for 150K * 45T kms. pero kung may dala kayong trusted mechanic at nainspeksyon mabuti at pumasa naman, good buy yan.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    BTW, just found out that the Kia Carnival is also within his budget. What do you think? Is a 2002 Kia Carnival worth it?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    So far me and my relative have been able to find three units, a '97 Galant and two '01 Cefiros (an Elite and a Brougham) although we have yet to see the Cefiros personally. The Galant is an A/T selling for 150k and has just 45tkms (quite odd, don't you think?) on the clock. The Cefiro Elite is selling for 255k (neg) has 77tkms on the clock, as seen on the pics is quite well maintained (yung mukhang makinis at makintab pa inside and out, although hindi pa nakita in person). Same thing with the Brougham which is selling for 258k (neg) at hindi nilagay ang mileage. Sa tingin niyo, which one would be a better buy? At onga pala, do any of these cars have any technical quirks to look for? Like preference for only one type of motor oil (a la 4JX1 Trooper) and any possible others?
    bakit ang galing nyo humanap ng murang oto? hahaha

mura yan for the price. as for me. i'd like the 2000 Elite over the 2000 Brougham model. May sunroof kasi hehehe

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    bakit ang galing nyo humanap ng murang oto? hahaha

mura yan for the price. as for me. i'd like the 2000 Elite over the 2000 Brougham model. May sunroof kasi hehehe
    Hehe... tiyaga lang yan... And then again, di tayo sure if they are Ondoy'd units.

Mga peeps! What do think about the Carnival? Same price as well. Any comments?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    i've ridden in a carnival, the old and new model.

the old one rides softer than the new one. both are diesel btw.

they're very sturdy and quite plush inside. i'd buy one if i had the money.

no idea on engine reliability, pero marami pa tumatakbo sa daan so i guess they're reliable.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Any comments on the A/T of the Carnival? Is it really that bad?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Any comments on the A/T of the Carnival? Is it really that bad?
    Havent heard of any bad stories. As long as the change of ATF was done properly and accordingly then it should be fine. I'd go with the facelift 1st gen (01 to 04?); check the rubber parts and plastic panels as well.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    But would you recommend the '97 Galant A/T with 45k kms on the clock? My relative said that he knows the owner and is sure the mileage isn't rigged. Sabi niya kasi 150k lang kaya pinag-iisipan niya ng maigi. So what do you guys say?
    i think this could be possible if bihirang gamitin ng owner or short trips lang. a friend of mine owns a 2000 honda cr-v, 30,000 kms pa lang on the clock. short trips lang kasi, lady driven, and they own many cars/suvs.

on sept. 2009, when i get my 97 galant A/T, it has 144,000 kms on it. company car sya. bought it for only 101,000. but spent around 80,000 for the repairs and accessories so halos ganon din lang. i don't know about cars pa kasi non e & i thought well-maintained sya kasi company car, yon pala, nilaspag muna ng co. before i-bidding. pero ngayon, ok na sya, at least alam ko kung anong parts ang binili ko and kailan dapat palitan. she's in very good running condition. kaya lang ang dami ko pang gagastusin for other minor repairs & porma - paint jobs and accessories. magastos talaga ang car maintnance

i-test drive nyo muna and ipa-check sa good mechanic kung ano and dapat i-repair or if nothing to fix na, much better. i love the looks and performance of the galant. maganda syang i-set up, pwedeng pangpamilya o pang-sports. kung may extra budget sana ako, ako ang bibili nyan after checking it out, hehe!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    mga sir, mukang maganda ang feedback with Cefiro. Compared to Accord 1999 manual, anung mas fuel efficient? Thanks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
7th gen Galant 2.0V6 vs. 97-02 Cefiro