New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    plus 1 sa Rio ganda din plate number nya

2. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Mitsubishi Mirage GLX -- tipid sa gas, good interior space. cons, plain stock look.
    Hyundai i10 GLS -- ok lang. medyo dated na rin by now.
    Suzuki Celerio DX -- if you're taller than 5'5", hirap sumakay sa driver seat nito hehe. good fuel economy though
    Chevrolet Spark -- no idea
    Kia Picanto -- looks great, but in real-world use, malakas daw sa gas. around 8km/L area.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Matic lang ba talaga ang mapagpipilian? Do take note that most A/T superminis give rather disappointing gas mileage.

Among the choices I'd be choosing between the Mirage and Picanto. Mirage for the superior gas mileage afforded by the CVT and inline-3 engine. And Picanto due to sheer looks alone. Napapangitan ako sa Mirage eh.

I would hope you give bro niky's suggestion a second thought. The Rio gives you a much more upscale treatment, despite being base model. Get a white unit, change rims, add fogs and perhaps a DRL retrofit (since the Rio has provisions for it after all). And it will turn heads wherever you go.
    The AT thing is what people are forgetting. The Picanto is not terrible on gas (got 18 kml in the manual in mixed driving, 40% in the horrible weekday traffic at Luneta and Quirino.) but the automatic makes it decidely average. Not driven it, myself, but word is the AT Celerio isn't as good as the manual, either.

A Rio 1.2 will give you similar economy or better than the automatic superminis while giving much, much, much more space.

If you simply MUST have an AT, then the Mirage, despite the so-so looks, is probably the best option.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12