New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    I'll be replacing my 2007 dmax next month. Please help me in choosing between 2012 4x4 hilux, 2012 4x4 dmax or 2012 4x4 navarra in terms of:

a. durability
    b. fuel efficiency
    c. power
    d. driving comfort
    e. resale value

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Same question again. You may refer to many other existing threads about this. But just to answer your question, here goes. Is your D-Max 1st gen or 2nd gen? If you are coming from the 4JH1 D-Max then the current D-Max may be a worthwhile upgrade for you, but do note that the new one's coming soon. What are your priorities? Do you plan to do hard offroading with it? Or is it just for city use? Here is my opinion:

durability: D-Max
    fuel efficiency: D-Max
    power: Hilux (low-end, balanced) Navarra (high end)
    driving comfort: Hilux
    resale value: Hilux

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    a topic that's well beaten to death.

wait a little bit, there's a wave of new trucks coming

1. Ranger
    2. Colorado/Dmax
    3. BT50 (though im not sure)

to answer your question, Im a Dmax fan, so...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Thanks for the reply. To answer your question, about 10% of my time will be spent off road. Most of the time ill be on concrete roads along the towns of Pangasinan.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Ah. Severe off roading ba? If so, out na si Navarra since mababa ground clearance nun. Which leaves us with the Hilux and D-Max. If screaming, high end power is not a top priority, I'll settle with the D-Max. The Hilux's beige interior is a deal breaker when it comes to utilitarian purposes dahil napakadumihin yun. I believe the D-Max's engine is also more resilient to abuse and dirty fuels. The Hilux had been known to be picky on fuel.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    DMax kung ang pag-uusapan ay patagalan.

------

But you might as well wait for the Ranger and the Colorado.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    D-max fan here.

I'd say D-max. pero kung sawa ka na sa d-max and want to change...
    then Hilux. cant lose either way

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Kung DMAX din ipapalit mo, huwag na. Wala naman halos pinagkaiba yan sa kung ano meron ka ngayon eh. :hysterical: get the hilux, basta sa bed itatambak. Or kaya yung Strada. Yun navara sana kaya lang iooffroad mo. Unless ipapalift mo pa sya

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    ^^^
    good point po yun kay sir renzo.

TS: since ikaw rin naman mismo nakakaalaman kung anong klaseng offroading gagawin mo, its best to test drive the different vehicles. next week labas na yun ranger pero 2.2 liter lang muna ilalabas nila. for the chevy colorado, basically its the not the same with the current dmax in thailand since the colorado carries a different engine with lots of added features and comfort. based on the pictures(since there are no available units for viewing pa) what i can say is parang mababa yun walling ng bed pero thats based sa mga pictures i saw sa magazines and internet pero malakas yun engine ng colorado.

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    Basta ako, Ranger-Hilux lang. Either of the two.

4x4 HILUX 2012 VS. 4x4 NAVARRA VS. 4x4 DMAX