New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    I'm a guy who usually sacrifice the performance over the looks. Given on the 3 lists, I'll give Fortuner > Montero > TB.
    I don't care about the resale value. We used to have 3 Fords (2 Escapes 1 Everest) and till now we don't have a plan to sell it.
    Parts are also easy access to banawe. So if I we're you, select the SUV that can make you happy

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by arsen View Post
    Best has 3 categories
    1. Most suitable and dependable
    2. Most effective and successful
    3. Most outstanding and noticeable

Among the 3 choices you given for the Philippine market...

Most suitable and dependable to date is the Fortuner. It came first among the choices. It stood the test of time. A solid proof of suitability and dependability.

Most effective and successful to date is the Montero.

Most outstanding and noticeable to date is the Traiblazer. Like moving up and during commencement exercises there should only be one. But being most outstanding is not always a guarantee for a success.
    Fortuner and Montero was also outstanding and noticeable before. Unfortunately only time could tell if Trailblazer is also suitable, dependable, effective and successful. But for sure, during that time there will be another outstanding and noticeable SUV in the market.
    spot on sir arsen... i am a firm believer that there's no all-in-one car in the market.
    para sa akin i'll go where my heart beats.
    in this case i need the extra space of trailblazer it can offer over the two SUVs

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlestar View Post
    I'm a guy who usually sacrifice the performance over the looks. Given on the 3 lists, I'll give Fortuner > Montero > TB.
    I don't care about the resale value. We used to have 3 Fords (2 Escapes 1 Everest) and till now we don't have a plan to sell it.
    Parts are also easy access to banawe. So if I we're you, select the SUV that can make you happy
    Where do you buy Ford parts and consumables?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Where do you buy Ford parts and consumables?
    Mazford or Fordland store in banawe. They both carry orig and replacement parts.

Mod sorry for OT.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    best buy suv - the tittle

"not" best value- surely this will go to the montero("best value")- real value for money since it's already loaded with all the gismos you can think of.(but do you really need those gizmos? paddle shifters etc...? )

"not" best in durability- surely this will go with the montero("best in durability") again since it's been here for half a decade and it's cousin the strada has been here for a decade

why not the fort-(waste of money) same old design that even it's upgraded suspension is just plain crap- the fort was a good design for the first years until mitsu boys showed us that we deserve something better hence the epic battle of the car manufacturer is s.e. asia.

resale value- we still got a 15 year old trooper(di pa mausok, "nossle valve") we have no plans on selling it, heck do you buy cars as if your just buying a candy?

we have the first gen fort
    2012 montero(always loved the spaceship design)
    2014 tb

but the tittle is best buy suv- plainly goes to the tb with no crap explanation

daming haters dito na ala racist- oh well crab mentality as it's finest ika nga instead na sumaya dahil yung mga auto manufacturers ay lalong maglalaban for our hard earned money hence giving us the best value for a little less(nissan slyphy)

asan na nga pala yung mga ulol a few years back saying there was an "unintended acceleration of the montero"?????- hehehehe wala pa kasing nadedevelop na idiot proof cars
    Last edited by victorevolution; April 5th, 2014 at 12:57 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    "best buy"
    An item or product which gives the best value for money out of all its competitors.

best buy: definition of best buy in Oxford dictionary (British & World English)

"best buy"
    Purchase that offers an optimal combination of delivery, price, quality and other benefits in meeting a buyer's specific need.

BusinessDictionary.com - Online Business Dictionary

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by arsen View Post
    "best buy"
    An item or product which gives the best value for money out of all its competitors.

best buy: definition of best buy in Oxford dictionary (British & World English)

"best buy"
    Purchase that offers an optimal combination of delivery, price, quality and other benefits in meeting a buyer's specific need.

BusinessDictionary.com - Online Business Dictionary
    Purchase that offers an optimal combination of delivery, price, quality and other benefits in meeting a buyer's specific need.- from your latters website

http://www.businessdictionary.com/de.../best-buy.html

hence tb- chepeast among the three even the ltz variant and more loaded than what you need best buy most expensive is the fort.
    Last edited by victorevolution; April 5th, 2014 at 03:11 PM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by victorevolution View Post
    hence tb- chepeast among the three even the ltz variant and more loaded than what you need best buy most expensive is the fort.
    Trailblazer 2.8 LTZ - 1,488,888
    Montero Sport GLS-V - 1,468,000
    Fortuner 2.5 G - 1,360,000
    Fortuner 2.5 V - 1,490,000

Pano naging cheapest yung TB..
    Di pa nga kasali diyan yung discounts ng Montero.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Best buy for me is Monty. Sakto for my needs in terms of price, reliability, looks and usage (90% city, 10% hway).

iwanttime

Hyundai Tucson Theta-II GLS A/T 2010

Mitsubishi Monterosport GLS-V 4x2 DSL A/T 2014

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    The cheapest with all the options roof rail, audio control in steering, paddle shifts in GLS V model makes it hard to choose the other brands

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
4X2 AT SUV Best Buy