New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hehehe~ Kung tama naalala ko, dalawa ang kaaway niya... Pinikon naman kasi ang bigtime~

Ganon pala kababa ang alternator ng D-Max? But then napakagaling lumangoy nung D-Max sa Youtube vid ah!

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    haha tama. yun nga.

Yung nasa video, crosswind engine yung nakalagay sa dmax na yun.

Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    ^^^That's the Dmax with the Crosswind engine.
    Actually that was not a 4JA1-powered D-Max. Altough it would actually be enought for a daily commuter.

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    As far as i know, 4JA1 yun. di ko lang mahanap yung original video upload niyan, there it said that it has the crosswind engine.

Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    As far as i know, 4JA1 yun. di ko lang mahanap yung original video upload niyan, there it said that it has the crosswind engine.
    4JH1-TC if I remember correctly. Non-electronic engine (130hp) that had also been used in Australia before the 4JJ1-TC.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    * EVERYRONe

thank you for all the replies! sorry for the uber late reply as ive been very busy (and sick)

Ive actually heard from mr hinDmaxisado. Ive seen him comment on topgear.ph, the wrongcar rightcar blog. He says that he gets 21km/liter on a 4x2 Dmax? have any of you guys eperienced the same fuel consumption??http://tsikot.com/forums/images/smilies/happy.gif

Yes, im planning to use it mostly with occupants sa front seats lang, occasional lang may load sa likod or kahit sa bed bihira lang talaga. Yes, im looking for a very tough, cheap to maintain and run truck.

For ford, Ive heard some very proud owners of ford rangers (the current model. not the all new ford ranger) pero from what ive heard may pagka guzzler daw, and yung durability niya, hindi ko masyadong kabisado kung matibay nga ba talaga. (no offense meant)

As for navarra, its a bit too big for me and the garage, its also a bit low. pero i love the navara brute. it looks like a really good deal.

strada was what ive been eyeing for a while. i love the interior of the strada but its not exactly cheap to maintain. as some of you said its a "lifestyle truck". Its a pickup with the luxuries and comforts (and the expenses) of a mid sized sedan. Kailangan accept the fact na paglabas ng casa ng 4x2 strada dapat derecho na sa wheel and tire shop, it doesnt look nice at all with those small narrow tires.

i like the hilux too, pero i like the LN106 better than the new vigo. maybe someday makakabili rin, pero definitely not yet now.

again, thank you for all the replies. http://tsikot.com/forums/images/smilies/blush.gif

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cripple_rooster View Post
    4JH1-TC if I remember correctly. Non-electronic engine (130hp) that had also been used in Australia before the 4JJ1-TC.
    The First Gen Dmax had that 130hp engine which was sold here in the Philippines. I am sure that it has the 4JA1.

Quote Originally Posted by toyotaparter View Post
    Ive actually heard from mr hinDmaxisado. Ive seen him comment on topgear.ph, the wrongcar rightcar blog. He says that he gets 21km/liter on a 4x2 Dmax? have any of you guys eperienced the same fuel consumption??
    How did he get this FC? Driving downhill?

I actually wouldn't expect a D-Max to run more than 18kmpl, altough 15kmpl would be more reasonable for freeway-driving. In city traffic 10kmpl might be reasonable.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Ang tipid naman sobra yun. Yan mahirap, masyadong exaj kung pabor sa beloved vehicled niya tapos panay maling info sa ibang brand. Kung hindi pa siya nicorrect ng kaibigan niya lolokohin pa tayo sa final gear ratio ng dmax tapos sa final gear ratio ng ibang brand ibababaan niya para lumabas na lamang yun beloved truck niya.

Kahit may dyno sheet na showing a chipped dmax cant even beat a bone stock automatic 4x2 navara. Napikon at tinawag pa sinungalin mga kadebate niya. Natawa nalang mga tao kasi sa sobrang destructed siya hindi matanggap pagkatalo ng beloved niya hindi niya nakita na yun navara ng shift at 3500 rpm meaning hindi pa full throttle yun navara pero talo pa rin yun beloved vehicle niya.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cripple_rooster View Post
    How did he get this FC? Driving downhill?

I actually wouldn't expect a D-Max to run more than 18kmpl, altough 15kmpl would be more reasonable for freeway-driving. In city traffic 10kmpl might be reasonable.
    I suppose that it is the pretty much the best you can get in highway mileage. That much is probably possible because his D-Max is chipped courtesy of Race Chip Pro. I remember he reported a significant increase in both power and fuel economy.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast