New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    ^the Dmax has a harsher ride and a real torture for rear occupants. and beside the TS said that he will most of the time drive it by himself.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    If all he wants is a dependable and frugal workhorse with low cost parts that will last him a million kilometers without hesitation then the D-Max it is. Otherwise, the Ranger has better handling and more power (for the 3.0L variant). Not so sure how the parts and maintenance compares with the Isuzu though, Ford isn't exactly known for low cost parts.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    I dont know with mitsubishi how come their PMS is quite pricey. Theyre selling pick up trucks at the cheapest in the market but bumawi naman sa PMS. Ford is also known to charge high also with their PMS. No idea for the hilux and how much does toyota charges for their PMS. As for the navara, having one for personal use, im quite surprise how low my PMS. For my recent 40k PMS where in all fluid where changed, i only got charged with 11k including parts, labor, engine wash, underchassis wash

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    If all he wants is a dependable and frugal workhorse with low cost parts that will last him a million kilometers without hesitation then the D-Max it is. Otherwise, the Ranger has better handling and more power (for the 3.0L variant). Not so sure how the parts and maintenance compares with the Isuzu though, Ford isn't exactly known for low cost parts.
    Even for the 2.5L, it has more power than the Dmax. 330NM-144HP.

I know someone who has two rangers, the 2003 Model clocking 289,xxxkms and the new TDCi model clocking 160,xxxkms already. That's hard driving and long driving pa. Not all Ford parts are that expensive. If you're gonna compare same class of cars, then Ford parts won't be that expensive versus the competitors, that is if you're getting parts from reliable suppliers. Mas mahal pa piyesa ng Nissan Frontier compared to the Ranger. Pero if you're goin to compare an Expedition versus an Isuzu Alterra for example well then, that's not fair on the Ford.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I have always wondered why the Alterra is advertised as having torque output of 315Nm*1400-3400rpm but the D-Max with only 294Nm*1400-3400rpm. Na-miss ko talaga yung mga Excel charts ni bro ahihi ahoho when it comes to this sort of discussions.

But totoo nga hindi lang for advertising purposes ang TORQ part ng Ford DuraTORQ engines. Ang lalakas talaga! Ang hindi ko lang alam kung gaano ka broad ang torque plateau ng 2.5TDCi. Kung torque peak lang ba siya like most 2.5L turbodiesels o totoong torque plateau with that sort of torque available throughout a large part of the rev range?

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    Nakakamiss nga din yung si Dmaxiado. kaso nakakatamad minsan basahin posts niya, paulit2 at sobrang haba.

About the DuraTORQ, yes, it's a Torque plateau. and it's really really wide and as i can remember it starts as early as 1700RPM for the 3.0 and 1800RPM for 2.5L. Both peaks at 2000RPM. Di ko lang alam san ko makukuha yung line graph niyan. meron nun eh.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    Nakakamiss nga din yung si Dmaxiado. kaso nakakatamad minsan basahin posts niya, paulit2 at sobrang haba.

About the DuraTORQ, yes, it's a Torque plateau. and it's really really wide and as i can remember it starts as early as 1700RPM for the 3.0 and 1800RPM for 2.5L. Both peaks at 2000RPM. Di ko lang alam san ko makukuha yung line graph niyan. meron nun eh.
    hehehe..!!!oo yung may mga figure pa nga siya pinepresent, sa dynotesting ata yun e, hehehe!!!grabe may scientific figures pa yung mga explanation/classifcation niya dun sa d-max and its competitors, oo nga ano nasan na ba si mr.Dmaxiado? dati basta usapang pick-up truck e lagi siyang tatad ng post sa mga thread. Well, di natin masisi, proud Izusu D-max owner at mas kabisado niya yun kaya yung ang ibinibida niya.

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    Isuzu fanboy siya, kaya ganun talaga siya makapag-defend. na-ban si hinDmaxiado tapos gumawa ng bagong account. haha naban siya, asaran sila nung isang troll din eh.

BTT: Test drive each cars nalan..

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Haha~ Oo nga, naban tapos gumawa ng bagong account para matapos ang away niya pero after that hindi na bumalik. :hysterical: I witnessed the whole thing. Ahh~ So troll rin pala yung kaaway niya? I never knew! Ahihi ahoho!

*TS: Yung sa Isuzu D-Max, kahit marami nagsasabi na panay marketing lang ang Isuzu, pero in the case of the D-Max ay totoo talaga ang legendary reliability ng Isuzu. So far, unlike with other brands, I have never heard any issues with its engine. Personally, I really like its interior design. Very utilitarian and well suited to a pickup truck unlike the more luxurious designs with the other competitors (aside from the Ranger, but I still prefer the D-Max's), and the gauges are very much my taste too. In the end like bro SiR said, test drive and see for yourself.

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    ^haha... ang babaw ng pinagtatalunan eh. gumawa pa ng comic yung nang-aasar sa kanya. tsaka alam mo din talaga bro GTi kung bakit din talaga siya naban eh. may isa pang reason.

BTT:

Ayoko lang sa Dmax yung mababa ang pwesto ng alternator, just beside the right front wheel. dalawa nadin kasi nakita ko na tumirik sa mababaw na flood. maybe that's the reason din.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast