New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    mukhang dami nga may boto sa 7th gen civic ah? and im eying on it. sana by march, umabot ng 450k ang presyo ng 2004-2005 vti or even vti-s model ng civic. any suggestion or comments? any other brand or model? by the way budget might reach 450K if it will be allowed! thanks

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by carlo_41786 View Post
    so you're saying to have a brand new car instead? hehe. ganun poh ba?
    either way, you must have an excess amount of cash available. pero kung kating-kati ka na magka-kotse, it's your choice. just an advice lang naman. it's still up to you to decide..

just my two cents..

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    you might want to consider 2006 optra for P490TH. happy hunting!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    By next year, the '01 to '02 Altis will be well within that range. But as mentioned you'll need to set aside an extra 20K to 50K for repairs and various stuff...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jeDi13 View Post
    either way, you must have an excess amount of cash available. pero kung kating-kati ka na magka-kotse, it's your choice. just an advice lang naman. it's still up to you to decide..

just my two cents..

uu.kating-kati na ako magka kotse...hehe. tagal ko na din kasi hinintay at ngipon para d2. nagkukuripot na nga ako para makabili. sana swertehin ako sa bibilin kong car. hope that she wont be any problematic car like my girl.

* vinj
    altis? ahm?pede din. but will it be better to have vios?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Carlo,

Just sharing my humble opinion.

Stick to a car that you can afford to buy and maintain. If you can pay it cash, much better for you. Avoid bank loans if you can.

I suppose you have around P150K in cash. Choose a car within that price range. I'm sure you can still find a nice 10 year old that is still usable. You just have to keep on looking and searching until you find one the suits you. Siguro, give it mga 3 months search time and you will have a good list to choose from.

I bet you will find something between 150 to 200K. At least if you need to borrow money, you will borrow less.

Although its used and old, the good thing is that you don't have any loans (or minimal loan) to pay for.

Buy brand new when its time...when you have the money.

I hope this helps.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    * stoker_200

Thanks for the suggestion. that's really true, its a good point. Its my initial plan, settle for a car that my budget can accommodate. tingin ko kaya ko naman if magloloan ako. if it will only be around 10k per month or less, i can manage to pay that with extra money for myself. about sa maintainance, i think i can also handle that as long as walang major problem. at tingin ko matutulungan naman ako ng parents ko if that will happen. since this will be my first car. as much as possible, gusto ko ung talagang maganda at ung gusto ko talaga. (provided na kaya ko ung monthly amortization ng iloloan ko)... sabi nga nila. why settle for anything less db? medyo maarte din kasi ako eh. hehehe. well anyways thanks for that. it might happen.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Hi carlo, looks like same boat tayo. I'm also looking for a car and within that budget. Newly married kaya kelangan ko na rin ng sariling car. Mukhang parehas ang pinagdadaanan natin kaya here are some thoughts.

Try to avoid bank loans as possible. Tumingin ako ng bank loans and mataas nga interest. Yung range ng ma na around 10k malaki na pero kakainin rin ng bank. Heres what I did, hope ma apply mo rin. Research ako about loans and interest and I found that yung TD na interest is about 5% so I talked with parents/relatives and made a bargain. Instead of their money sitting in the savings account nag offer ako ng a little higher than savings but lower than TD. Came out that mas mura yun sa bank loan. Natulungan ka na nila mas mataas interest pa makuha nila. everyone happy. yun nga lang you have to sell it to someone.

I'm also waiting for a good buy, meron kasing sumusulpot na gusto lang mag dispatch ng kotse. Sayang nga nalate lang ako merong Civic 03 na 350k lang and lancer 04 MX na 350k. Di ko inabutan kaya hanap ulit ako.

If possible hanap ka sa kakilala para alam yung record ng kotse.

Hope this helps. Happy hunting

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Karag2 View Post
    Hi carlo, looks like same boat tayo. I'm also looking for a car and within that budget. Newly married kaya kelangan ko na rin ng sariling car. Mukhang parehas ang pinagdadaanan natin kaya here are some thoughts.

Try to avoid bank loans as possible. Tumingin ako ng bank loans and mataas nga interest. Yung range ng ma na around 10k malaki na pero kakainin rin ng bank. Heres what I did, hope ma apply mo rin. Research ako about loans and interest and I found that yung TD na interest is about 5% so I talked with parents/relatives and made a bargain. Instead of their money sitting in the savings account nag offer ako ng a little higher than savings but lower than TD. Came out that mas mura yun sa bank loan. Natulungan ka na nila mas mataas interest pa makuha nila. everyone happy. yun nga lang you have to sell it to someone.

I'm also waiting for a good buy, meron kasing sumusulpot na gusto lang mag dispatch ng kotse. Sayang nga nalate lang ako merong Civic 03 na 350k lang and lancer 04 MX na 350k. Di ko inabutan kaya hanap ulit ako.

If possible hanap ka sa kakilala para alam yung record ng kotse.

Hope this helps. Happy hunting

thanks sir sa idea. but the difference between us is our relatives. hehe. parang wala akong malapit na kamag anak na may ganung kalaking pera i mean bank account and even if they have,they wont let me borrow it... i think,i dont have a choice but to loan on a bank if gusto ko na talaga magkacar.
    AFAIK.sa BDO medyo maliit ang patong nila compare sa ibang company. bahala na si batman. maybe sa feb apply na ako ng loan. para march dumating at magka oto na ako. thanks.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    up ko lang poh. and just to add up. why is it that an optra chevy or even the aveo (2nd hand / 2004-2006 model) is cheaper compare to any Japanese branded car made during that year? is it because this car is not as reliable as those Japanese cars? is this hard to maintain? parts and etc...? can it only be repair/maintain in casa? any feedback from those people who have/had chevrolet optra/aveo? TIA.

mga sir penge pang opinion nyo... budget might reach 430-450k. thanks ulet!

(i dont know if this is OT...to Moderators, if i committed any mistakes, SIA. sorry in advance. )

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
330 k - 350 k budget for a second hand car. what should i buy?