New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    *MikkiW - did I hear it right? 6-7 Km/L yung FC ng Lancer GLS CVT (1.6L)??? Di kaya may problem yung engine nun or marumi lang air filters or sobrang traffic ng daily route mo? I average about the same FC (city driving) on my 6th gen Accord 2.3L AT. My old Exalta Grandeur did have fits of bad FC but 7 Km/L was what I remembered.
    From what i hear, that Lancer model has poor FC really. My officemate has an 03 model and she gripes about 6km/l in her city driving.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    yes, my 2003 cedia lancer cvt thinks it's a crv... why i bought it in the first place despite its fuel inefficiency rep, is a long story. but wifey likes its ergonomics.. madali pumasok at lumabas kahit naka-long gown.. i'm stuck with it. but in fairness, it does drive ok.
    i also have a 1997 sentra ex. yes, it also is a little big on fuel and the back side is a bit cramped, but it is relatively problem-free.. besides, i lost the original CR and can't sell it just yet.. heh heh.
    but being a family man myself, my most worry-free drive is the diesel auv.. had a revo and besta once, now an innova. the relatively big passenger size does give me a feeling of confidence..

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    From what i hear, that Lancer model has poor FC really. My officemate has an 03 model and she gripes about 6km/l in her city driving.
    Yes sir before i ave 5.5km/l pero i upgraded to short ram intake and halos konti lang diff. Hirap sya sa overpass kung 4-5 pax thats why we decided to sell it na. :-)

Sent from my Galaxy S using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    May 2012
    * nujsimon: thanks for your advise sir, i respect that.

*Egan101 and GTi: nice inputs sirs. Appreciate it.

*vinj: this is a goid FC. Coming from my Exalta at 7.5 kpl.

*dr.d and MikkiW: Worse pala FC ng cedia compared to sentra GS sir. Thanks for sharing.

So, it seems sentra GS is a better choice. Thanks for all the inputs.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    *peterstarr - what Exalta do you have? Yung B14 Exalta STA (1999-2000) ba? Also, what model year of the Sentra GS are you looking at?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by peterstarr View Post
    * nujsimon: thanks for your advise sir, i respect that.

*Egan101 and GTi: nice inputs sirs. Appreciate it.

*vinj: this is a goid FC. Coming from my Exalta at 7.5 kpl.

*dr.d and MikkiW: Worse pala FC ng cedia compared to sentra GS sir. Thanks for sharing.

So, it seems sentra GS is a better choice. Thanks for all the inputs.
    The Exalta engine is somewhat lethargic compared to the first gen GA16DEs from the B13 Sentras. My 2001 Sentra B14 151 (it was a limited edition model that resembled the Exalta) had the basic bolt-ons (intake-headers-exhaust) and would achieve 8-9km/L consistently as long as i was prudent on the gas pedal. The guzzler was our 1999 EX Saloon a/t as it was underpowered. Our 2001 N16 Grandeur also hit 8km/L at the average.

7. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    *peterstarr - what Exalta do you have? Yung B14 Exalta STA (1999-2000) ba? Also, what model year of the Sentra GS are you looking at?
    Sir, what i had was a 2000 Exalta STA. was able to sell it yesterday.

Today, i was able to buy an 08 GS.

8. Join Date
    May 2012
    Thanks to all who gave their thoughtsto my question. I already bought just this afternoon a Sentra GS. Therefore, GS won.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Congrats sir:-)

Sent from my Galaxy S using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
320k Used Car (Sentra GS vs Lancer GLS)