New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by hondaboot View Post
    sa amerika yan, ibahin kasi dito.

dito it's ok to drive suv's sa manila traffic coz kalaban mo mga jeepney, tricycle, taxi, fx. syempre mas masikip dapat mas malaki para mas safe sa banggain kahit close proximity
    +1. ta's mas less flood prone siya. unlike cars na sobrang baba, di mo siya pwede isulong sa mga knee deep floodwater pero if you're driving a pajero, lifted is better then wala kang takot diba.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Well if a five seater is enough for you and also if the lack of safety features like airbags and ABS doesn't concern you (like me), and also if its weird looking shape is fine with you, then take it. It is a thrifty and fast vehicle after all.

I'm against the APV too, the engine is too weak for both the engine's size and the whole car's size. Cmon! 91hp from a 1.6L engine?! And a 1.6L engine in an 8 seater vehicle?! Its completely lacking in both power AND fuel efficiency.

Oh, and TS means thread starter.
    Actually, I'd rather have airbags and ABS thus my hesitation with the matrix (not the looks and limited seat). If only it easily answers my concern "Is it generally safer to ride than my honda city?"

At the moment, I am using a 1.3 car (while my city is being fixed) and I find it a joy to ride since it is thriftier in gas than my 1.5 city. What more if it's the Matrix CRDi? So if I can have both (safety and savings) much better....

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Actually that was why I suggested the Carnival as it has the full host of safety features expected from a car of its time AND a 5 star crash rating from the NHTSA. But IMHO, these safety features are not a big deal for me. I'm sure its safe enough with the Matrix after all it came from Korea, was sold in Japan, Europe and Australia and is designed by renowned design house Pininfarina as compared to the City which was then only sold in Asia and not all of Asia at that. Just make sure the brakes and tires are always in good shape and always wear your seatbelt. And I also accept the fact that if its your time to go home, then its your time even if you're riding in a bulletproof vehicle with a full host of the latest safety equipment.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Actually that was why I suggested the Carnival as it has the full host of safety features expected from a car of its time AND a 5 star crash rating from the NHTSA. But IMHO, these safety features are not a big deal for me. I'm sure its safe enough with the Matrix after all it came from Korea, was sold in Japan, Europe and Australia and is designed by renowned design house Pininfarina as compared to the City which was then only sold in Asia and not all of Asia at that. Just make sure the brakes and tires are always in good shape and always wear your seatbelt. And I also accept the fact that if its your time to go home, then its your time even if you're riding in a bulletproof vehicle with a full host of the latest safety equipment.
    I've decided on the Matrix (as I think it will give me less problem being a newer model, less hassle parking and maneuvering in narrow roads, thriftier, with space adequate for my need) then take all necessary precautions and drive it like I'm driving a minivan.

....and if it's not your time, it's not your time!
    Thanks for all the suggestions and advises

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by grcr4mms View Post
    I've decided on the Matrix (as I think it will give me less problem being a newer model, less hassle parking and maneuvering in narrow roads, thriftier, with space adequate for my need) then take all necessary precautions and drive it like I'm driving a minivan.

Good luck and congratulations!!

Post the pics of your ride here!!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by grcr4mms View Post

Nice to hear that you have finally decided! I hope you would be satisfied with your new ride, and please post the pictures once you get it and also include a video of your top speed run!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
2nd hand SUV/AUV