New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    where you buying from? dealer? if dealer, have the dealer guy make lakad everything na lang for you. pagdating sa iyo ng papers nakapangalan na sayo, plus the orig tmg police certificate (at the very least, tignan mo kung meron nito).

if private seller, well, medyo mahirap, because you'hh have to do the whole process yourself. AT THE VERY LEAST, ask for a copy of the tmg police certificate. verify (go to TMG). then verify the cert of registration (yellow certificate) via LTO text. if both check out, it's kosher, go for it.
    naku muka nga pong mahirap ah, san ba yung TMG? hehe, hirap kasi maglakad ng papers kasi pumapasok ako eh, mahirap na magabsent baka mag exam, hehe.

sa private seller po ako bibili eh, pwede kayang siya nalang maglakad nun? bayaran ko nalang siya if ever may babayaran pa. meron nga ba?

kung maghahanap naman po ako sa dealer, meron kasi akong mga naririnig about sa mga auto na binebenta ng mga dealers eh, ang sabi puro sira daw ang mga ito at maraming aayusin pa, is this true or hindi? kasi kung ok naman sa dealer try ko maghanap, hindi pa kasi ako nagpupunta sa mga ganun eh, pero maganda nga yun na sila ang maglalakad, hindi hastle for a student like me.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Since this is your first time and it's quite obvious na wala ka pa masyado alam sa mga ganito (whc makes you so vulnerable), I really recommend you save yourself from trouble by getting a brand new unit for now.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Ask a friend or relative who knows about these things. Magpasama ka sa kanila para sure. wag ka magpapalakad ng papers tatagain ka lng, lalo na kung makita nila na wala kang alam sa ganyan.

I'd go with the brand new city. Mabuti na yung nakakasiguro especially wala ka pang experience about changing ownership atbp.
    But if you are sure with the original owner of the pre-owned car, how he used it and record of the car you might go for it.
    Basta kung ako sa brand new na. This is based on my experienced having so many pre-owned car.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    kung isang bagsakan lang pala itong purchase na to, get the brand new City na talaga. you can get better deals from really aggressive SAs who can offer a lot of freebies.

yeah, you can't buy size and additional space as Tidus said, in an earlier post, but you can't buy time either, especially time.. ung 3 yr old Civic can never beat a 1 day old car. i've had 2 pre-owned cars acquired before and the last thing you would want to do is shoulder cost of repairs 6mos after your purchase. especially in your case na one time, big time shellout.

you mentioned exam, so i assume you're a student. If your folks will be the one to shoulder all future expenses ng ride mo, then i guess okay na ren ung Civic. pero for me, kung student ako yung pogi points of a brand new car is 10 folds higher than a pre-owned Civic na parang hand me down effect.

but then again, it's your/folks' money. spend it to your heart's desire.
    yun naman importante in the end.
    Last edited by badbadtz.carlo; July 17th, 2009 at 05:19 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    salamat po sa tulong niyo mga sir!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    hmm, how about a mazda 3 2007 kaya?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Pwede rin as long as its way cheaper than the Civic pero if the price is very close I would still get a Civic over a 3 anytime!

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Waste of money. Aside from the fact na parating na ang 2010 MZ3, the old one gulps fuel like there's no tomorrow. Marami nang nagsisi at nagbenta ng units nila. The 2007 is just the same as the 2004 (or 2003?) version. Minor cosmetic upgrades lang here and there.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    this decision making thing is getting tough ah, hehehe

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
2nd hand H.civic 2007 or brand new H.city 2009?