New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I'm about to buy a 2nd hand car, finally after saving up for a long time, my budget is around the 400-500k range, I've been looking at a 2000 or 2001 Accord lately and it might end up buying one by the end of the year, do you guys think that this will be a wise choice? other cars I've been looking at was an xtrail but its out of my range already, a 2000 camry gxe, 1st gen crv.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    The only issue with regard to Accords is gas guzzling. Otherwise they're very good cars. You might want to check out some Altises as well.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by squala View Post
    The only issue with regard to Accords is gas guzzling. Otherwise they're very good cars. You might want to check out some Altises as well.
    Thanks, I've taken gas consumption into consideration already. I live quite near where I work, plus I get gas allowance also from the company so its all good. I'll try looking at Altises as well

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    additional good choices:

1st Gen CRV
    99-00 Cefiro
    02-03 Exalta Grandeur

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    well you said nman na sa end of the year kapa kukuha try saving up some more bka umabot kna sa xtrail etc choose nlang pa settled kna sa naipon mo for the car sayang rin kasi e konti nlang dagdag mo

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo View Post
    well you said nman na sa end of the year kapa kukuha try saving up some more bka umabot kna sa xtrail etc choose nlang pa settled kna sa naipon mo for the car sayang rin kasi e konti nlang dagdag mo
    Still crossing my fingers na walang mag interfere sa budget ko kaya if I can add a little more I can go for the Xtrail na rin

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ummm.. 500k is quite substantial, you can get a new midrange car with a D/P that size. that is, unless, you don't want to be bothered with monthly payments anymore. but still, with a 50% DP a new civic would cost probably <5k/month on a 36- or 48-month term.

or, BMW E36 320i? with that sweet 6-cylinder engine?
    I believe they go for 400k - 500k. sometimes even less. leave 50k - 100k for expected maintenance issues.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Galant?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico View Post
    ummm.. 500k is quite substantial, you can get a new midrange car with a D/P that size. that is, unless, you don't want to be bothered with monthly payments anymore. but still, with a 50% DP a new civic would cost probably <5k/month on a 36- or 48-month term.

or, BMW E36 320i? with that sweet 6-cylinder engine?
    I believe they go for 400k - 500k. sometimes even less. leave 50k - 100k for expected maintenance issues.
    I also took that into consideration as well, but you got my concern spot on, I don't want to be burdened with monthly payments as I am already paying for a loan I took out for house repairs before. BMWs are sweet though but maintenance would be

2nd Hand Car