New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutterbug View Post
    Hay... experiencing rat infestation in our parking area.

Tried peppermint infused cotton ball on entry points, they remove and take it out of the car.

Tried mothballs... they **** beside it

Tried lighting and open hood, they pee on the engine cover.

Really dont know what i can do to stop them from doing so.

Sent from my SM-A600G using Tapatalk
    rats infest for a reason.
    commonly, there's food and protection there.
    folks should clean up their garage, so as not to attract pests.

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutterbug View Post
    Hay... experiencing rat infestation in our parking area.

Tried peppermint infused cotton ball on entry points, they remove and take it out of the car.

Tried mothballs... they **** beside it

Tried lighting and open hood, they pee on the engine cover.

Really dont know what i can do to stop them from doing so.

Sent from my SM-A600G using Tapatalk

Rat traps are another option sir, those small cages with bait inside. Para mabawasan yung mga 'pets' ng car mo. Just drown them when caught.

An old guy once told me he cut the rat one time just enough to let it bleed and dropped some of the blood near the places where they usually pass, claimed that he never had a rat problem again after that. Not sure if true though and it's not something I would try. Just thinking of rat blood, yikes.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by sparc179 View Post
    Rat traps are another option sir, those small cages with bait inside. Para mabawasan yung mga 'pets' ng car mo. Just drown them when caught.

An old guy once told me he cut the rat one time just enough to let it bleed and dropped some of the blood near the places where they usually pass, claimed that he never had a rat problem again after that. Not sure if true though and it's not something I would try. Just thinking of rat blood, yikes.
    I think these rats are smart enough.
    The traps only work for 2 to 3 times, after that, rats will stay away from it. I think they give off a warning signal to their breathren to stay away from it.
    Kahit anong linis, they just wont take the bait.
    I think that also is the reason for the rat blood, they sense danger.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    Question lang. iba ba ang hybrid implementation ng corolla vs sa prius?

I just watched a video wherein ang hyundai ionic is compared to a prius. sa presyo kasi magkalapit na magkalapit ang ionic at corolla hybrid at 1.580m.

Thanks.
    Is it for the Tax or pricing implementation? Iba sir, as the Corolla Altis is made in Thailand, compared to Prius, which is made in Japan. Sadly the Prius is not qualified for JPEPA, hence the higher price.

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    I think these rats are smart enough.
    The traps only work for 2 to 3 times, after that, rats will stay away from it. I think they give off a warning signal to their breathren to stay away from it.
    Kahit anong linis, they just wont take the bait.
    I think that also is the reason for the rat blood, they sense danger.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
    We just used adhesive on thick pieces of cut plyboard so they can't run away with it like they do the paper adhesive traps.

The problem is it is a hassle to place and remove every time. But if it's a somewhat sizeable garage then you can strategically place them on points of entry/exit of the driveway.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
(2020) Toyota Corolla Altis 1.8 V HV vs Honda Civic RS Turbo CVT