New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Wait for the next gen sorento.

YouTube
    The new sorento might be more expensive and assuming that we will be buying this year. And with the new model coming out, we’re also hoping they would offer big discounts for the outgoing model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by carxynogen View Post
    Hyundai is currently offering big discounts right now until June 30.
    The 2.5M Sta. Fe TOTL is offered at 500k cash discount, the 2.1m mid variant is 460k cash discount.
    The Tucson models are offered at 220k cash discount.
    This offer are from their website, so dealer offers might be higher than this.

I think on normal times, they offered 100k cash discount on their Tucson but still depends on your dealer.
    This is incorrect. They don't offer 500k cash discount. The 500k is more of a interest savings for their promo. They offer 0% interest for 5 years (need to make at least 50% downpayment).

If it was a 500k cash discount, it would bring down the price to 2.0M which is much lower than the TOTL truck-based SUVs.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by phil3199 View Post
    This is incorrect. They don't offer 500k cash discount. The 500k is more of a interest savings for their promo. They offer 0% interest for 5 years (need to make at least 50% downpayment).

If it was a 500k cash discount, it would bring down the price to 2.0M which is much lower than the TOTL truck-based SUVs.
    oh well if it isn't true they should make it happen if they want to make any meaningful sales volume. but under present conditions that maybe tough still.

2.0m will undercut the mainstream totl japanese brands or make them on par pricewise (not factoring discounts of other brands). they tried the premium pricing angle we all know it did not work for them. maybe they should consider what got them sales the first time around as a value alternative.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    At a discounted price of 2M, the TOTL Hyundai Santa Fe is pricey for a 2WD crossover. Maybe if HyundaiPH opts to sell the midtrim model between 1.7 to 1.8M, that would be something very competitive.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    At a discounted price of 2M, the TOTL Hyundai Santa Fe is pricey for a 2WD crossover. Maybe if HyundaiPH opts to sell the midtrim model between 1.7 to 1.8M, that would be something very competitive.

At 2M, it is still expensive but it is within the price range of 2WD and 4WD truck-based SUVs.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by phil3199 View Post

If it is true, damn sales people are really good in crunching number just to increase inquiry traffic.
    I was really expecting to have them offer this discount since the all-new 2021 model is about to be launched soon.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post

even better kun ganun!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Just to update this thread.
    I found a post in marketplace that a Kia Sorento 2.2L EX AT 4x4 has now a cash discount of 430k.
    I am not sure if this is a nationwide discount or dealer specific lang.
    Currently priced at 2.195m, it's now at 1.765m, better deal than Hyundai Sta. Fe.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I found a post in marketplace that a Kia Sorento 2.2L EX AT 4x4 has now a cash discount of 430k.
    Currently priced at 2.195m, it's now at 1.765m, better deal than Hyundai Sta. Fe.
    noted. pretty good price imo.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Good deal but note that even the TOTL only has two airbags! That's unacceptable for that price.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12