New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If only Subaru still offers the Forester XT, that Navara will feel sluggish and slow against Subaru's boxy, wolf-in-sheep-clothing compact crossover.

Subaru will be offering soon the Evoltis locally. This is the same as the USDM Ascent - Subaru's 7-seat, 3-row crossover powered by a 2.4L turbo engine. Subaru might also bring the Outback XT with the same engine as the Ascent. The Ascent and the Outback XT has respectable performance, much like the Forester XT.

Subaru Ascent

Subaru Outback
    Onga eh. sayang yung XT.

Anyway, i'm sure what OP is experiencing is the sudden surge in torque, kaso it's linear na after a while.

Unlike the NA fozzy or any NA engine for that matter, it will just keep on climbing, albeit less violent than a turbocharged diesel.

Kelangan niya pang pigain yung NA fozzy to get half the sensation he felt with the turbo diesel.

With the XT though, reach 1750 and 3000 rpm, then bye bye turbo diesel suvs na.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BlancNoir View Post
    Onga eh. sayang yung XT.

Anyway, i'm sure what OP is experiencing is the sudden surge in torque, kaso it's linear na after a while.

Unlike the NA fozzy, it will just keep on climbing, albeit less violent than a turbocharged diesel.

Kelangan niya pang pigain yung NA fozzy to get half the sensation he felt with the turbo diesel.

Subaru's turbo engines behave like NA engines prior to turbo spool. It feels relaxed even at 2k rpm. Once you climb past 2k rpm and boost engages, the tachometer surges towards 5k rpm if you keep the pressure on the gas pedal. Power delivery gets even better at Sport setting but if you want the shifts at 5k rpm, set the car at Sport# and it will be an easy climb past 200 kmh on a straight line.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Subaru's turbo engines behave like NA engines prior to turbo spool. It feels relaxed even at 2k rpm. Once you climb past 2k rpm and boost engages, the tachometer surges towards 5k rpm if you keep the pressure on the gas pedal. Power delivery gets even better at Sport setting but if you want the shifts at 5k rpm, set the car at Sport# and it will be an easy climb past 200 kmh on a straight line.
    Sorry, what i meant was 1750 rpm for the FA20 and 3000 rpm for the EJ255, then that's it.

We're hooked! for life. hehe

4. Join Date
    Jan 2020
    If only Subaru still offers the Forester XT, that Navara will feel sluggish and slow against Subaru's boxy, wolf-in-sheep-clothing compact crossover. Subaru only offer AWD sedans, crossovers, and SUVs. If you want a non-AWD Subaru, your only option is the BRZ.

Subaru will be offering soon the Evoltis locally. This is the same as the USDM Ascent - Subaru's 7-seat, 3-row crossover powered by a 2.4L turbo engine. Subaru might also bring the Outback XT with the same engine as the Ascent. The Ascent and the Outback XT has respectable performance, much like the Forester XT.

Subaru Ascent

Subaru Outback

Subaru AWD is fine eventhough im just opting for 4x2 (for truck based SUVs).

I've heard and thought about the Evoltis but not sure how much will Motor Image would price them. Hopefully the same pricing scheme as the current ones where there's an overlap in between models, like the top of the line XV is priced close to the middle variant of Forester. I can only hope they price the Evoltis middle-variant same as the top of the line Forester which is still below or around P2M.

Wala na daw Forester XT sabi nung sales agent dito sa Davao. Kung meron man paramg 2018 model na yata.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Onga eh. sayang yung XT.

Unlike the NA fozzy or any NA engine for that matter, it will just keep on climbing, albeit less violent than a turbocharged diesel.

I.miss driving the XT of my workmate tuloy dahil sa thread. Sobra sarap i drive. Been driving a sedan and suv. Iba pag nahiram ko yun XT niya (2020 4x2 AT)  Subaru Forester i-S (with EyeSight) vs Montero Sport GT vs Fortuner V

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Sorry, what i meant was 1750 rpm for the FA20 and 3000 rpm for the EJ255, then that's it.

We're hooked! for life. hehe
    I have the FA20 on my FXT and peak torque starts at just over 2k rpm. Japanese turbo cars tend to behave that way, like the Civic RS. European-designed turbo cars tend to have its torque peak or turbo spool before 2k rpm, like the Fiesta Ecoboost and Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by dplgngr View Post

Wala na daw Forester XT sabi nung sales agent dito sa Davao. Kung meron man paramg 2018 model na yata.
    If there are remaining Forester SJ XT models, these are late model 2018 models that are being offered at a 350k discount. Baka nga wala na available. The Outback was also put on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbreeeezy View Post
    I.miss driving the XT of my workmate tuloy dahil sa thread. Sobra sarap i drive. Been driving a sedan and suv. Iba pag nahiram ko yun XT niya (2020 4x2 AT)  Subaru Forester i-S (with EyeSight) vs Montero Sport GT vs Fortuner V

Hanap ka na rin for yourself. Used 2013-14 models could be had at around 700k nowadays while the 2015-2016 models at 900k.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by dplgngr View Post
    What about zix performance?

For 60 months, 25.8% straight pero kung mag advance ka ng 1month 24.86%. Sabi pwede pa mas lower rate pag nakapag decide na talaga at kausapin nalang ang Account Manager direkta.
    I see po, parang malaki parin para sa akin yung rate nila.
    Eto kasi yung rate ng metrobank:

Terms Standard with One Month Advance
    12 Months 4.6300% 3.9800%
    18 Months 6.5800% 5.9200%
    24 Months 9.0800% 8.4100%
    36 Months 13.1100% 12.4000%
    48 Months 17.7900% 17.0300%
    60 Months 22.8800% 22.0700%

8. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    I have the FA20 on my FXT and peak torque starts at just over 2k rpm. Japanese turbo cars tend to behave that way, like the Civic RS. European-designed turbo cars tend to have its torque peak or turbo spool before 2k rpm, like the Fiesta Ecoboost and Golf.

If there are remaining Forester SJ XT models, these are late model 2018 models that are being offered at a 350k discount. Baka nga wala na available. The Outback was also put on sale.

Hanap ka na rin for yourself. Used 2013-14 models could be had at around 700k nowadays while the 2015-2016 models at 900k.
    Di priority sir heheh Kasal muna or bahay lol yun ang top 2mam priority hehehe
    Quote Originally Posted by carxynogen View Post

TermsStandardwith One Month Advance
    12 Months4.6300%3.9800%
    18 Months6.5800%5.9200%
    24 Months9.0800%8.4100%
    36 Months13.1100%12.4000%
    48 Months17.7900%17.0300%
    60 Months22.8800%22.0700%
    Mas okay po tlaaga sir sa Metrobank. Kami din waiting for approval from metro and bdo. Mas mababa rates ng metro. Tho sabi sa akin sa bdo Kaya daw nila tapatan basta ma approved. We'll buy Fortuner V 4x2 para sa Daddy ko. Choices namin was Fort at Terra VL

9. Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by carxynogen View Post

Terms Standard with One Month Advance
    12 Months 4.6300% 3.9800%
    18 Months 6.5800% 5.9200%
    24 Months 9.0800% 8.4100%
    36 Months 13.1100% 12.4000%
    48 Months 17.7900% 17.0300%
    60 Months 22.8800% 22.0700%
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbreeeezy View Post
    Di priority sir heheh Kasal muna or bahay lol yun ang top 2mam priority heheheMas okay po tlaaga sir sa Metrobank. Kami din waiting for approval from metro and bdo. Mas mababa rates ng metro. Tho sabi sa akin sa bdo Kaya daw nila tapatan basta ma approved. We'll buy Fortuner V 4x2 para sa Daddy ko. Choices namin was Fort at Terra VL

Pwede naman sabihin na nag inquire ka sa ibang banks and eto rates nila para matapatan ng BDO hehe. Prefer ko lang BDO kasi repeat client na ako and pwede ko ipa auto-debit lang para di malimutan ang monthly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12