1. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepcare View Post
    Isuzu mux... 158whp against sa 160hp advertised HP
    Wow! Is that for the current 3.0?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    May 2017
    Galing din ng Toyota na napataas premium ng Prado even if same engine with Fortuner.... but with the awesome current gen of Fortuner now, and with the huge price difference, makes the Fortuner a good buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The Prado diesel has always shared the same engine as the Fortuner. There was even a time that the Prado was using the older 131 hp 1KZ engine while the Fort had the updated 160 hp 1KD engine. The Prado was updated only in 2006 to carry the same 1KD as the Fortuner, which the Prado still used until 2017. Only with the facelifted Prado did they update to the newer 1GD engine.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstealyourgirl View Post
    Wow! Is that for the current 3.0?

OT.. For the previous 3.0 boss (non-bluepower)

4. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutterbug View Post
    Galing din ng Toyota na napataas premium ng Prado even if same engine with Fortuner.... but with the awesome current gen of Fortuner now, and with the huge price difference, makes the Fortuner a good buy.
    Its because the Prado is not just about the engine lang. Its way more comfortable and spacious inside (different platform and suspension design altogether)... sorry po kung OT na hehe

5. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Hmm, at this time pala, the Pajero BK has one of the highest HPs among the current diesel SUVs due to the VGT. I am still baffled as to why Mitsu only now has incorporated VGT to the 4M41 engine when it could have done so already 5 years ago

6. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstealyourgirl View Post
    Its because the Prado is not just about the engine lang. Its way more comfortable and spacious inside (different platform and suspension design altogether)... sorry po kung OT na hehe

Hindi kaya na associate lang nila sa Hollywood hit movie na devil wears prada, yun bag na mahal na for the rich . Prado prada. Sounds like, pang mayaman

7. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bjreyesmd View Post
    Hmm, at this time pala, the Pajero BK has one of the highest HPs among the current diesel SUVs due to the VGT. I am still baffled as to why Mitsu only now has incorporated VGT to the 4M41 engine when it could have done so already 5 years ago
    imo doc, another marketing ploy?[emoji16] the VGT thing sounds nice and provided added sales against non-VGT's. in my personal experienced, turbo lag still exists whether VGT equipped that's why i opted to install a throttle controller to offset it. i believed mitsu tweaked only some parameters as those stock VGT and non-VGT monteros that had been remapped so far can produce similar power output. and both are durable, since 2009 no major issues reported in our club with regards to turbo failure.

btw, typo error pala ako sa last post ko. 189hp yung Pajero VGT and not 198hp.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The VGT Pajero has existed in other markets like the Middle East for quite some time now.

It's not a marketing ploy - a VGT can generate higher power than a non-VGT, ceteris paribus. For a non-VGT to match the power of the VGT, it needs more air and fuel - basicslly pushing tolerances closer to its limits.

Many people swear by their ECU remaps and piggyback chips because it's cheap and gives the same output. Only time will tell how much the impact of chipping reduces an engine's longevity. If it could last 500,000 km without a rebuild on a stock tune and then can only do 400,000 km when remapped, that's a risk most people will go for.

Also, on the topic of dynos - they're not very useful when taken in isolation. The same car on one dyno might do 150 whp and only 120 whp on the other. Each dyno has its own set of corrections so they're not immediately comparable.

Best way to process dyno information is to run several vehicles or several tunes of the same vehicle using the same dyno. This is what people do when they tune their cars - from a stock tune of say 110 whp, then they get 150 whp from the same dyno after tuning then they can safely say they got a 40 whp increase. But saying that one car is more powerful because it generated 150 whp in dyno A while the other car generated 140 whp in dyno B is erroneous because the results aren't comparable.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sa FB 3rd Gen montero sports ang dami nasisiyahan sa remapping ng montero nila hitting more than 200 whp. Wala sa vocabulary nila ang engine longevity. Only when are hit they will know!

10. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by nelany View Post
    Sa FB 3rd Gen montero sports ang dami nasisiyahan sa remapping ng montero nila hitting more than 200 whp. Wala sa vocabulary nila ang engine longevity. Only when are hit they will know!
    power is king ika nga, it boost the ego of some knowing that their cars are more powerful than others.