New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    The resale of Isuzu isn't that shabby either (for the Crosswind and DMax, and i'd assume the MUX as well).
    True lalo na yung crosswind, despite receiving a fair share of insults here in tsikot, pag dating sa bentahan nag uunahan pa, lalo na yung buyers from the provinces.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    True lalo na yung crosswind, despite receiving a fair share of insults here in tsikot, pag dating sa bentahan nag uunahan pa, lalo na yung buyers from the provinces.
    The Crosswind gets a lot of flak because people don't understand it's point - it's a purely mechanical workhorse, with a very durable chassis and engine.

Of course it's not fast, of course it's not safe, of course it's not well-kitted. It's not trying to be any of those things. And there's actually a market for people who don't care about any of those things. There are people who just want a reliable workhorse/people carrier that will outlive them.

Surely someone will rebut that an Innova fulfills the same role with a more modern approach - which is missing the point. An Innova is high-tech, and backyard mechanics don't understand high-tech. An Innova is refined, and refinement makes it expensive. Same goes for all modern pickups too.

Ultimately, the archaic Crosswind remains because there's a strong demand for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Sa buong mundo rin ata sir.
    I always read about unit recalls done by Toyota, especially in the US.

I never seen any from Isuzu.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by PATSYS View Post
    I always read about unit recalls done by Toyota, especially in the US.

I never seen any from Isuzu.
    The Trooper was recalled in the early 2000 due to the wrong position of the fuel line which may cause fire when collision happens just like the issue with Ford Pinto in the 80s.
    And also the 4jx1 troopers were recalled here in the Philippines.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The Crosswind gets a lot of flak because people don't understand it's point - it's a purely mechanical workhorse, with a very durable chassis and engine.

Of course it's not fast, of course it's not safe, of course it's not well-kitted. It's not trying to be any of those things. And there's actually a market for people who don't care about any of those things. There are people who just want a reliable workhorse/people carrier that will outlive them.

Surely someone will rebut that an Innova fulfills the same role with a more modern approach - which is missing the point. An Innova is high-tech, and backyard mechanics don't understand high-tech. An Innova is refined, and refinement makes it expensive. Same goes for all modern pickups too.

Ultimately, the archaic Crosswind remains because there's a strong demand for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Crosswind aren't cheap to maintain the underchassis components needs to be replaced every 4-7 years depending to the usage which will cost aroung 30-70k pesos including labor

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678