New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Interesting.

Finally drove the new Z71 Colorado... man... they've really fixed the issues with the steering and suspension. I'd say the Z71 actually handles better than the Ranger now, and I still like the 2.8 better than the 3.2. The 3.2 is relaxing to drive... you can simply ride the lowdown torque all day, but the 2.8 really drives with more gusto.

Interior is an improvement. Still not Ranger-level, but close now, whereas the last one was dead last in plastic quality compared to its rivals.
    Bro your posts just brings automotive smiles..

Hows the nvh? Is the vibration non existent?

Also the fc is now better than the 3.2.. thats a big plus...

Hows the tranny shift logic? Holds gears when needed? Or shifts early to reduce fuel consumption?

Best 4x2? Or just barely missed the crown?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    We will see the new ford ranger px3 in 2018.

Still researching engine reliability of the colorado. New mivec engine and new toyoa engines.

So far the isuzu has the proven reliability the past 3-5years.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    I have 2 Hiluxes, 2006 and 2010 models, both 3.0 A/T. The older model has been used HARD on and off road, and has clocked 350,000 kms. There were issues, like changing the expensive turbo at 200k kms, and of course replacement of shock absorbers. That's it. My 2010 model till drive like new at 150k kms.

My brother has a D-Max (2010) and still drives great. The only problem is the maintenance cost of Isuzu which is higher than the Toyota.

But I'd like to try the Ford or Nissan, but honestly baka magsisi ako. When I buy I won't sell after 10 years pa.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Australias pickup truck of 2016 gets two awards...

best offroad

best of the best pickup

Last edited by StockEngine; November 12th, 2016 at 03:37 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tedigarcia View Post
    I have 2 Hiluxes, 2006 and 2010 models, both 3.0 A/T. The older model has been used HARD on and off road, and has clocked 350,000 kms. There were issues, like changing the expensive turbo at 200k kms, and of course replacement of shock absorbers. That's it. My 2010 model till drive like new at 150k kms.

My brother has a D-Max (2010) and still drives great. The only problem is the maintenance cost of Isuzu which is higher than the Toyota.

But I'd like to try the Ford or Nissan, but honestly baka magsisi ako. When I buy I won't sell after 10 years pa.
    Maporma ang Ford Ranger pero mahina sa off road.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by desertst0rm View Post
    Maporma ang Ford Ranger pero mahina sa off road.
    ayaw gumana ng edit , Off-road Extreme Climb Ford Ranger VW Amarok Navara Hilux - YouTube

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Thats the px1 and its already been succeeded by the current px2 ranger.

Just because you see an amateur driver having difficulty with a ranger. Nag conclude ka na agad na mahina sa offroad.

👏👏👏

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I wonder if Toyota will release the 2.8Diesel in the US. Im sure they have plenty of time before the 2019 Ranger is also released with the EcoBlue and that new transmission.

Auto-Showdown: 217 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 vs. 217 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro - Motor Trend

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Bro your posts just brings automotive smiles..

Hows the nvh? Is the vibration non existent?

Also the fc is now better than the 3.2.. thats a big plus...

Hows the tranny shift logic? Holds gears when needed? Or shifts early to reduce fuel consumption?

Best 4x2? Or just barely missed the crown?
    NVH, not sure. I only get fifteen minutes with these vehicles, most of which are spent testing performance, not quality.

And the way we drive, fuel economy is not what we're lookng for.

The 4x2 we tested was the 2.5. Good enough, but still mid-pack.

The 4x4, panalo, if you're the kind that prefers performance. The Strada might still have the edge in comfort, but the Colorado doesn't have the crappy plastic interior anymore, and it's actually nice to drive now.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Ford ranger wildtrak for the win LOL

10. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Hilux maporma po sa lahat

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast