New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2016
    City all the way for me. Parts are also easier to find within the market.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Having the same dilemma between the cars mentioned. Except with the trim/variant.

Mazda V+
    City VX
    Ciaz GLX
    Vios G

Among the cars mentioned, ano po pinaka the best, simple to maintain and fuel efficient?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Planning to buy a car now before the price increase.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    City VX has a sizeable discount.

Engine and cvt has no issues the past 4yrs..

Good resale value imo.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Irie1108 View Post
    Having the same dilemma between the cars mentioned. Except with the trim/variant.

Mazda V+
    City VX
    Ciaz GLX
    Vios G

Among the cars mentioned, ano po pinaka the best, simple to maintain and fuel efficient?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Planning to buy a car now before the price increase.
    City VX, definitely.

It's a cut above all other subcompacts in its class - spacious, well-kitted, powerful, efficient, and looks respectable (as far as subcompacts go).

The Mazda 2 is simple to maintain for the first 3 years because maintenance is free, but space is very very cramped, resale value is poor, and long-run parts availability is uncertain. It's a very good toy car, but not ideal if it's your only daily driver.

The Ciaz GL is good value, but the GLX is too pricey for me considering it's almost at the same price as the City. The main advantage of the Ciaz is that it's wider and roomier inside (almost like an Altis), but the City trumps it everywhere else. Expect poor resale value and poor parts availability down the road as well.

The Vios is a tried and tested choice, but it's the E variant that's worth looking at. The G is priced the same as the City, but has less features, less power, less space, and less presence. The 1.3E has almost everything the G has, for over a hundred thousand pesos less.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Thank you sirs for the feedback!

So with these choices, the city definitely wins.

Just curious about the lower variants, it seems that its a battle between ciaz gl and vios e. I don't like the City E, just because it lacks the console that the 2 has. In terms of touchscreen capabilities.

So, between ciaz gl and vios e, which would be more better? Just out of curiousity.

Thank you

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ^^^ The City E and VX variants are practically the same except for some of the features like the touch screen headunit. The City E model is still a good choice over the lower trim variants of the Vios and Ciaz unless a touch screen headunit is a must for you.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Thank you sirs for the feedback!

So with these choices, the city definitely wins.

Just curious about the lower variants, it seems that its a battle between ciaz gl and vios e. I don't like the City E, just because it lacks the console that the 2 has. In terms of touchscreen capabilities.

So, between ciaz gl and vios e, which would be more better? Just out of curiousity.

Thank you
    So what if it doesn't have touch screen? It has a better engine, more space, and better driving dynamics vs the Vios. Even without a touch screen, its head unit still has Bluetooth/Aux/USB functionality.

If a touch screen unit is all that matters, it's a simple 15k upgrade.

Instead of a Ciaz GL and Vios E, I'd get a City E. 😊

8. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Jut703, so the vx's touch screen display can be installed in the city E? Cool

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Jut703, so the vx's touch screen display can be installed in the city E? Cool
    No, but you can get a Pioneer touchscreen head unit with the same functionality.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ oo nga. You'll get BetteR audio output pa 😊

But maybe it'll cost more than 15k if you have to purchase the 2 din hu console ctr panels pa

to be or not to be, that always confuses me!
    Last edited by baludoy; March 14th, 2017 at 09:23 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast