New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    The City meets all of your requirements except, do not expect SiR like handling and power =). The city is a decent car that gives it's owners good mileage and less maintenance 10k kms per change oil. The city's space is comparable to the compact car segments space in the rear seat. The Mazda 2 is the most fun to drive among your choices and the worst is that it is bare(stripped of its features) as you stated and the rear legroom is tight but the yojin3 will help you save money for 3 years. The Ciaz mean awhile is has a slightly bigger legroom in than the City since I saw the display, If I were you wait for a few more months so you could know the problems of the Ciaz in case you decide to get one. If you could stretch your budget I will suggest the Toyota Corolla Altis 1.6G .
    Happy Hunting!
    Last edited by crosswind; April 13th, 2016 at 10:36 PM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    How about the Hyundai Accent CRDi? It's spacious, a bit fun to drive and fuel efficient. Downside is bare inside and high maintenance cost. If you can extend a bit, you can have the new Elantra or the Altis.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sientobente View Post
    I was already expecting that leg space will be sparse on the M2, but even the shoulder space feels less than my Swift.
    How's the interior quality of the Mazda 2 compared with the Suzuki Swift? Is the Swift roomier at the back?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    The City meets all of your requirements except, do not expect SiR like handling and power =). The city is a decent car that gives it's owners good mileage and less maintenance 10k kms per change oil. The city's space is comparable to the compact car segments space in the rear seat. The Mazda 2 is the most fun to drive among your choices and the worst is that it is bare(stripped of its features) as you stated and the rear legroom is tight but the yojin3 will help you save money for 3 years. The Ciaz mean awhile is has a slightly bigger legroom in than the City since I saw the display, If I were you wait for a few more months so you could know the problems of the Ciaz in case you decide to get one. If you could stretch your budget I will suggest the Toyota Corolla Altis 1.6G .
    Happy Hunting!
    Thanks for the reply chief. We actually like the Altis, too bad we already have one
    Plus we are just keeping our options below 800k. I actually saw the Ciaz in person just last weekend. The interior is exactly the same as the Swift, but much larger leg space. Looks like everything is pointing towards the direction of the City.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    How's the interior quality of the Mazda 2 compared with the Suzuki Swift? Is the Swift roomier at the back?
    To be honest I don't see anything special in the Mazda 2's interior build. Rear leg space is probably just millimeters larger than the Swift that you can't feel the difference. It seems like it retained the interior dimensions of the previous-gen Mazda 2, where I felt claustrophobic riding in at the back for an hour.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    To be honest I don't see anything special in the Mazda 2's interior build. Rear leg space is probably just millimeters larger than the Swift that you can't feel the difference. It seems like it retained the interior dimensions of the previous-gen Mazda 2, where I felt claustrophobic riding in at the back for an hour.
    Panel fit and finish is actually better than the Jazz/City... which are better than the Vios/Yaris...

Granted, it's not luxury, but none of the current breed of compacts has great interior materials. Everything is plastic.

But yes, the rear seat is small. The cabin is actually shorter than the previous generation due to the new Skyactiv engines (the header takes up much more space)... though seat cushion resculpting at least means you don't lose any space.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Panel fit and finish is actually better than the Jazz/City... which are better than the Vios/Yaris...

Granted, it's not luxury, but none of the current breed of compacts has great interior materials. Everything is plastic.

But yes, the rear seat is small. The cabin is actually shorter than the previous generation due to the new Skyactiv engines (the header takes up much more space)... though seat cushion resculpting at least means you don't lose any space.
    Thanks Sir Niky and everyone for their feedback.

I just got my City in Ruby Red. Thank you Mar Roxas for my starbucks and brand new car!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004

I just got my City in Ruby Red. Thank you Mar Roxas for my starbucks and brand new car!

Congrats! Enjoy your new car!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008

Lol! Siguro sa BPO ka nagwork bro?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Lol! Siguro sa BPO ka nagwork bro?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    Yup. I would have thanked him for my Uniqlo tight-fitting jeans, but those damn jeans won't fit my crotch.

Anyway, para hindi off-topic, the City was a safe choice for me. One of my top requirements when getting a car is leg space, since in my line of work, client-engagement is a major task and most of the time I chaffeur NBA-sized clients around the metro. The City is very spartan inside. It does not have steering wheel controls unlike the Mazda 2. But space is just vast. I am willing to sacrifice my own personal convenience vs my passengers since the City isn't my primary car anyway.

So far I am pretty pleased with my purchase, the engine is very responsive. I also like the color Ruby Red. It is very nostalgic since my car more than a decade ago was a Ruby Red Civic EK. And in my experience on Honda vs Toyota, my CRV's PMS cost cheaper than my Altis. So my expectation with the City is the same on maintenance.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast