New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    We are in the market for a subcompact sedan for less than 800k. My wife and I already created a shortlist. We are not interested in the Vios 1.3AT since my parents already have one. Considerations are:
    Fuel Economy
    Spacious
    Fun to drive
    Reliable

What's your vote and why?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Someone will inevitably suggest a Vios. Lol.

Tapatalked

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Mazda 2 checks all your boxes except for the back seat space

4. Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by sientobente View Post
    We are in the market for a subcompact sedan for less than 800k. My wife and I already created a shortlist. We are not interested in the Vios 1.3AT since my parents already have one. Considerations are:
    Fuel Economy
    Spacious
    Fun to drive
    Reliable

What's your vote and why?
    I would choose a mazda over any suzuki

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Mazda2 is the most fun, but the Honda City ticks all the boxes. The only question mark is the CVT transmission. It's supposedly more durable than the old dry clutch CVT, but only time will tell.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The City matches most of your considerations but it's not that fun to drive.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The City matches most of your considerations but it's not that fun to drive.
    The electric steering has no feel, but it's relatively sharp and handling is pretty nimble. Not as exciting a steer as the Fiesta or Mazda2, but pretty good, depending on the wheel-tire combo.

With the E variant, the bigger tires and smaller wheels will hurt handling, but you can always change the tires out for something nicer.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The electric steering has no feel, but it's relatively sharp and handling is pretty nimble. Not as exciting a steer as the Fiesta or Mazda2, but pretty good, depending on the wheel-tire combo.

With the E variant, the bigger tires and smaller wheels will hurt handling, but you can always change the tires out for something nicer.
    Very true, Niky! The EPS on the Honda smaller cars lacks feel. We have the previous generation City and Jazz (VTEC, GE chassis), both cars never seem to excite me with its steering response. They are good city cars though, fuel efficient and easy to drive, not to mention spacious for a small car.

Both cars though are not as agile and quick as my Fiesta Ecoboost.
    Last edited by Egan101; April 12th, 2016 at 04:31 PM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Practical, fun to drive and on a budget criteria is a very hard to find vehicle, you can only have 2 of those criteria at best.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Dropped by Mazda C5, the 1.5S AT which is their lowest sedan variant for the M2 is really bare. In place of the LCD in the middle, it was replaced by an ugly integrated radio. I was already expecting that leg space will be sparse on the M2, but even the shoulder space feels less than my Swift. Yojin3 is an excellent proposition though even if Mazda does not offer any discounts on this model. Hopefully, their neighbor Suzuki C5 gets the Ciaz on display so I can check it out.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast