New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Best to wait for better promos/offers if the need to buy can be delayed ...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    I would go for the Civic. Such a head turner.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Best to wait for better promos/offers if the need to buy can be delayed ...
    Promos abound now. Based on my observation, car dealers offer good promos at the end of each quarter but it is usually June and December they offer the best discounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    May 2017
    Definitely the Civic! Beautiful car inside and out. Try to check out the ergonomics and finish of both interiors... and you will see the big plus of the Civic over the Altis.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by mylesvv79 View Post
    Salamat po ng marami mga sir! Yep, seen the Civic.. Ang ganda. Love at first sight. Went to Toyota as well, kaso wala sila Altis sa showroom pero again, discouraged bec of the ht/head room. Pababa daw po kasi sabi ni agent kaya he introduced me to Yaris and Rush hehe. Anyway, 2 units na lang daw po sa Alabang and they don't do test drive (?) for the Altis.

So pag-iisipan ko ng ilang weeks ang mga opinion as well as mga nakita ko sa showroom. Thanks po ulit!

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tapatalk
    No contest bro. Civic price looks handling and (high tech) features I don’t see any advantage of the current Altis over the Civic. But... you may want to take a look at the Jetta or Golf GTS 2016 Altis vs 2016 Civic

pag tinipid ako ng showroom sa test drive (meaning mga 300m lang total distance) or no test drive at all, di ako dun bibili 2016 Altis vs 2016 Civic

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutterbug View Post
    Definitely the Civic! Beautiful car inside and out. Try to check out the ergonomics and finish of both interiors... and you will see the big plus of the Civic over the Altis.
    Civic for style and ergonomics (depends on you). Civic RS has more power and torque (1.5 Li Turbo) than Altis V 2.0 Li.

But for some reason reliability wise I still look on Toyota more than Honda. Example is painting chipping, there are more paint chipping issue on my 1 year in Honda than my 10 years on Toyota. Then the bolt on Civic RS air filter broke after one year (never had any broken bolt on Toyota). Then there is the battery life on brand new Honda which is mind bugling to me (1 year), in Toyota it took 3 years before my battery starts to show sign of failing.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    mind boggling ...

Paint quality from a decade ago was thicker ... now companies are more environmentally aware and they reduce paint thickness and quality ...

Battery longevity depends on usage ... and Honda nor Toyota aren't the ones who manufacture them ... but 1 year is rather early for a battery to conk out ...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by GLSTrend View Post
    No contest bro. Civic price looks handling and (high tech) features I don’t see any advantage of the current Altis over the Civic. But... you may want to take a look at the Jetta or Golf GTS 2016 Altis vs 2016 Civic

pag tinipid ako ng showroom sa test drive (meaning mga 300m lang total distance) or no test drive at all, di ako dun bibili 2016 Altis vs 2016 Civic

For the VW po kasi, Im still waiting for the Santana GTS by Nov tentative daw po.. Kaya din nga yata magulo isip ko dahil long term nasa isip ko. I want a car that stays with me for about a decade 2016 Altis vs 2016 Civic

So civic wins as of the moment.. Hintay na lang po ako ng Ber month to finally decide hehe..salamat po sa mga suggestions at opinion mga sir!

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Vehicle for a decade? ... get a Honda or a Toyota ...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Vehicle for a decade? ... get a Honda or a Toyota ...
    Decade? I had one, the Toyota corolla "big body". All stock to the time I sold it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123