New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The Lancer EX platform has aged well but Mitsubishi really needs a replacement for it. Between the two, I'd go with the City VX. The new City is near the size of most compacts nowadays. However, with a price around 900k already, I might just add a bit more and get a sub 1M compact instead. The new Altis and Sylphy are like the size of old midsize cars already.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The Lancer EX platform has aged well but Mitsubishi really needs a replacement for it. Between the two, I'd go with the City VX. The new City is near the size of most compacts nowadays. However, with a price around 900k already, I might just add a bit more and get a sub 1M compact instead. The new Altis and Sylphy are like the size of old midsize cars already.
    Mitsubishi Japan stated that there won't be a new Lancer anytime soon since it will be focusing on SUVs, PHeVs, and EVs na.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The Lancer EX is ageing gracefully.
    The model may be old but for the looks and specs, I think only the SkyActive Mazda 3 can beat it.

*TS : You can get the TOTL EX GTA for small additional amount. Tingin ko nasa around 900k na din yan because of the discounts offered by the dealers. If that's my money I will definitely get the Lancer.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Hi!
    Got this review from this link..
    2015 Honda Civic vs. 2015 Mitsubishi Lancer: Compare reviews, safety ratings, fuel economy, etc.

COMPARISON REVIEW
    Comfort
    The Honda Civic offers rear passengers about the same space to stretch out as the Mitsubishi Lancer with comparable rear head- and legroom in both vehicles. The Mitsubishi Lancer will be a favorite with taller drivers due to its greater front head- and legroom than the Honda Civic.

Convenience
    The Honda Civic will require fewer stops at the gas station than the Mitsubishi Lancer, making it more convenient to drive.

Cost
    There are a lot of factors to consider when calculating the overall cost of a vehicle. The main consideration is Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP). Whether you pick the Honda Civic or the Mitsubishi Lancer, it's going to cost you about the same. Another consideration is the Destination Charge, which is a standard charge for transporting the vehicle to the dealer from where it's built. The Honda Civic and the Mitsubishi Lancer have similar Destination Charges.

Dimensions
    The Honda Civic is about the same width as the Mitsubishi Lancer. When looking at overall length, the Honda Civic takes up about the same amount of space in your garage as the Mitsubishi Lancer.

Drivetrain
    The Honda Civic has much less torque than the Mitsubishi Lancer, which generally means that it won't feel as fast or powerful.

Handling
    The Honda Civic has a larger turning radius than the Mitsubishi Lancer, making it slightly more difficult to maneuver in and out of tight spots.

Performance
    The Honda Civic has less horsepower than the Mitsubishi Lancer, so it will probably be somewhat slower.

Utility
    In terms of seating you'll be able to fit the same number of people in both the Honda Civic and the Mitsubishi Lancer. You'll be able to fit about the same amount of groceries into the Honda Civic as you will in the Mitsubishi Lancer.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hi!
    Got this review from this link..
    2015 Honda Civic vs. 2015 Mitsubishi Lancer: Compare reviews, safety ratings, fuel economy, etc.

COMPARISON REVIEW
    Comfort
    The Honda Civic offers rear passengers about the same space to stretch out as the Mitsubishi Lancer with comparable rear head- and legroom in both vehicles. The Mitsubishi Lancer will be a favorite with taller drivers due to its greater front head- and legroom than the Honda Civic.

Convenience
    The Honda Civic will require fewer stops at the gas station than the Mitsubishi Lancer, making it more convenient to drive.

Cost
    There are a lot of factors to consider when calculating the overall cost of a vehicle. The main consideration is Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP). Whether you pick the Honda Civic or the Mitsubishi Lancer, it's going to cost you about the same. Another consideration is the Destination Charge, which is a standard charge for transporting the vehicle to the dealer from where it's built. The Honda Civic and the Mitsubishi Lancer have similar Destination Charges.

Dimensions
    The Honda Civic is about the same width as the Mitsubishi Lancer. When looking at overall length, the Honda Civic takes up about the same amount of space in your garage as the Mitsubishi Lancer.

Drivetrain
    The Honda Civic has much less torque than the Mitsubishi Lancer, which generally means that it won't feel as fast or powerful.

Handling
    The Honda Civic has a larger turning radius than the Mitsubishi Lancer, making it slightly more difficult to maneuver in and out of tight spots.

Performance
    The Honda Civic has less horsepower than the Mitsubishi Lancer, so it will probably be somewhat slower.

Utility
    In terms of seating you'll be able to fit the same number of people in both the Honda Civic and the Mitsubishi Lancer. You'll be able to fit about the same amount of groceries into the Honda Civic as you will in the Mitsubishi Lancer.

The wow factor of the City is just that for a sub-compact w/ a compact car price, has a comparable compact car space.
    Its newer and has more gadgets inside. Although, its really expensive for the category.

What's good w/ the Lancer is that its aged well. Maporma, and better all around. You also get good discounts.
    Its your call though.
    Last edited by istan; March 19th, 2015 at 07:56 PM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    They are right, space is big for honda city cvt. Tried it with five adults and one child on a road trip to Batangas.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Lancer is also spacious, i have a friend who always have 3-4passengers everyday and all are comfortable.. But honda city has new style and space also is big and super comfy.. I like them both

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12