New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    You can get better FC since I have a heavy foot. Sticking to 80-100 will give you 18 km/L, you can even break 20 km/L if you try hard enough.

The Vios is more than enough for 90% of drivers. I'm used to driving more powerful cars, but the Vios doesn't feel anemic at all.

The thing with the Vios is that despite having only 85 hp on paper, it's feels much more powerful on the road.

For highway driving, the Vios has no problem at cruising speeds of around 80-120 kph. My top speed on a flat road is 185 kph, 195 on a downhill.

One thing to note though is that each passenger you add really has an impact, but even with 5 on board it can still manage going up Baguio without whining too much.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    You can get better FC since I have a heavy foot. Sticking to 80-100 will give you 18 km/L, you can even break 20 km/L if you try hard enough.

The Vios is more than enough for 90% of drivers. I'm used to driving more powerful cars, but the Vios doesn't feel anemic at all.

The thing with the Vios is that despite having only 85 hp on paper, it's feels much more powerful on the road.

For highway driving, the Vios has no problem at cruising speeds of around 80-120 kph. My top speed on a flat road is 185 kph, 195 on a downhill.

One thing to note though is that each passenger you add really has an impact, but even with 5 on board it can still manage going up Baguio without whining too much.
    Oh wow. Those infos are gold to me. I guess im sticking with the yaris as my first choice now . Ive sat on the yaris and city yesterday and i must say the comfort of the city got me thinking twice. Especially the back seat of the city. It was just so spacious. but th yaris is not too far off. It doesnt actually feel smaller interior wise.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Oh wow. Those infos are gold to me. I guess im sticking with the yaris as my first choice now . Ive sat on the yaris and city yesterday and i must say the comfort of the city got me thinking twice. Especially the back seat of the city. It was just so spacious. but th yaris is not too far off. It doesnt actually feel smaller interior wise.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    go for vios. mas cheaper and subok na ung makina.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    We had the same problem before. In the end, we opted for the Vios 1.3 E AT

5. Join Date
    May 2015
    Sure ka bro hindi maka-sprint? The Fiesta 1.5 does 0-100 in 11-12 sec. That's quicker than Vios.

And with the 1.0 Ecoboost Powershift, 0-100 is only around 9 seconds. That's faster than most 2.0 sedans.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Hey mga sir, I am thinking of getting a 2nd hand Ford Fiesta 2014 AT, any thoughts sa mga current and previous owners sa maintenance or DCT thing issue? sorry I am a noob here and I can't start a new trend yet.

BTW I choose Fiesta only because the resale among the latest model esp 2014 is cheap, I only have a 400-450k budget. Any thoughts from you guys will help.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ryeji View Post
    Hey mga sir, I am thinking of getting a 2nd hand Ford Fiesta 2014 AT, any thoughts sa mga current and previous owners sa maintenance or DCT thing issue? sorry I am a noob here and I can't start a new trend yet.

BTW I choose Fiesta only because the resale among the latest model esp 2014 is cheap, I only have a 400-450k budget. Any thoughts from you guys will help.
    Anong trim ng Fiesta? The newer Fiestas come with either the 1.5L NA engine or the 1.0L turbo (Ecoboost) engine. If you are getting the Ecoboost model, then you got yourself a fun-to-drive and zippy daily go-kart.

With regards to tranny issues, the most number of impacted Fiestas are those made between 2011 and 2012 (based on a survey we did at FCP). The newer Fiestas (with the Aston Martin-looking grill) has an updated tranny control module. However, the Fiesta with its DCT is not to be compared to the ordinary AT or CVT of other cars. You have to learn to deal in modulating gas input or else suffer the clunkiness like how an MT tranny clunks out on you with improper gas input. The Ecoboost model with its bigger torque deals better with the clunkiness of the dual-clutch tranny. DCT does shift faster and once you get into 3rd gear, it gets better and smoother.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567