New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    I prefer japanese made cars than korean made.

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    2014 Accent crdi pros:
    -power
    -better FC
    -adequate leg room (back seat)
    -DIESEL

cons:
    -lack of abs
    -as per ibang tsikoteers, manloloko daw mga Hyundai casa (although hindi ko pa naman to naeexperience)

So far yan pa lang naman po yung concern ko, pero may isang nagsabi sakay ko sa backseat na mejo straight daw yung sandalan dun.

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by gargoyle30 View Post
    I prefer japanese made cars than korean made.
    Understood. But in the given choices, I would pick Yaris or City para medyo unique.
    Vios - common na sa highways pero reliable ang makina.
    Fiesta - Ford? We have 2003 Ford Lynx, at ayoko ng build quality nya. Yung mga stock na chrome sa fenders nya eh nangingitim saka yung mga inner door handle eh naputol na lahat. Pinalitan na namin ng bago.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Hi guys,

Need your help.
    Pls help me decide which car should I buy.
    I'm looking for a car with power, large space, stylish and low maintenance cost.

Sam

Not considering budget id go for the city. Maintenance cost nga lang is high (my friend has a 97 civic dati medyo madugo ang maint cost hehe). As for vios and yaris they have the same powerplant naman (also almost same interior) although spacewise ok ang vios (I have a Gen 3 vios). Sporty nga lang ang yaris.

As for ford fiesta haven't test drive it but have ridden one (2012 fiesta) ok naman pero parang masikip sya compared sa gen 3 vios and medyo matigas seats for me.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Considering 97 model na civic, mataas na ang maintenance cost nito. Pro for a brand new car, tingin ko 1st 10 years wala pa masyado maintenance ito.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Don't expect a zippy drive with such choices, however power will be adequate for the City 1.5L and Fiesta 1.5L. The Vios and City offers ample interior space. The Fiesta (in HB form) offers the best handling, if you're after a more engaging drive. I find the new Fords to have a solid build, unlike the old Mazda-based Ford Lynx. PMS will be about the same, as most synthetic oils and other consumable parts (filters, etc.) are priced the same with most casas. Parts and services will be a different story.

I'd go with the City among the choices, but if you want a more athletic subcompact, go with Fiesta or Mazda2.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Ive heard issues regarding cvt ng honda? Disadvatage ba ito if i buy honda.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Ive heard issues regarding cvt ng honda? Disadvatage ba ito if i buy honda.
    This CVT issue with Honda was with the old IDSI City and Jazz. That didn't stop people from buying the 2003-2008 Jazz/City IDSI. The 2014 City and Jazz has a new CVT on it. How reliable it is we will find out within the next 2-3 years. A lot of the new automatics now come with CVT. Like with Ford and its Powershift DCT, there are some who experienced issues with it but you can still see a lot of Fiesta/Focus on the streets.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewnathaniel View Post
    2014 Accent crdi pros:
    -power
    -better FC
    -adequate leg room (back seat)
    -DIESEL

cons:
    -lack of abs
    -as per ibang tsikoteers, manloloko daw mga Hyundai casa (although hindi ko pa naman to naeexperience)

So far yan pa lang naman po yung concern ko, pero may isang nagsabi sakay ko sa backseat na mejo straight daw yung sandalan dun.
    you should add as part of the cons that they have done cost cutting on the current model so sobrang bare yung base variant ng crdi, imo not worth it anymore

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi guys,

Need your help.
    Pls help me decide which car should I buy.
    I'm looking for a car with power, large space, stylish and low maintenance cost.

Sam
    Power : City/Fiesta
    Large Space: City
    Stylish: City, Yaris
    Low Maintenance Cost: Vios/Yaris

Why not buy an Altis na? you get the power, the large space, the style and the maintenance costs.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast