New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    Based on your needs sir TS, go for the TB. You'll never regret buying the TB. I've driven both and I can say that both are good vehicles. I like the car like driving characteristics of the SF, I like the power of the TB's upgraded engine and its being spacious.

You'll like one of the TB's features: it has a built in battery voltmeter on its Driver Information Center. The 2014 models also get an Eco meter display.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Yeah that's nice... Actually I am more of the practical type... But based on the reviews, if we get any of the two, I think we will not be disappointed.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    though the santa fe is proven to be a good vehicle, i'd vote for the TBZ. more or less, it fits your requirement. and its bang for buck for the features it has. The new Grand SF is truly a wonderful car but it's as if you are paying extra for every feature which is already available in the TBZ.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Go for the TB, especially with deep floods becoming the new normal. You won't regret the TB.

I forgot to tell you also, my TB is already 1 year and almost 3 months. No major problems encoutered. You will also like that its RPM at 100 kph, 6th gear is at 1800 RPM. That makes it very fuel efficient. If you push it to 2000 RPM at 6th gear, speed is 129 kph

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Tbz for me as I have one myself and was choosing between the Santa Fe and the tbs as well originally. But with the newer engine, the decision becomes a no brainer. Am very happy with mine.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Tbz for me as I have one myself and was choosing between the Santa Fe and the tbs as well originally. But with the newer engine, the decision becomes a no brainer. Am very happy with mine.

This is the problem when we only have few choices left because we only have few models to choose from here in Pinas. Why don't they bring in other quality brands and make those models/brands more affordable?... Just thinking...

6. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    Go for the TB, especially with deep floods becoming the new normal. You won't regret the TB.

I forgot to tell you also, my TB is already 1 year and almost 3 months. No major problems encoutered. You will also like that its RPM at 100 kph, 6th gear is at 1800 RPM. That makes it very fuel efficient. If you push it to 2000 RPM at 6th gear, speed is 129 kph

That's interesting. Well said numbah5.
    How can you compare the engine sound/noise with that of Isuzu Alterra/D-max?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    From the Trailblazer's I've encountered on the streets, they are pretty noisy. The engine obviously doesn't bother to hide the fact that it belongs to a tough rig. If you'd heard it, you'd probably think it belongs to an old school diesel. I don't mind though. Like the Strada (which sounds just as truck-like, and with a very loud turbo whistle, might I add), it is tough enough to get away with it. I would mind though, if the Santa Fe sounded like that.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
    That's interesting. Well said numbah5.
    How can you compare the engine sound/noise with that of Isuzu Alterra/D-max?
    Well it's quieter than the diesel engines of Isuzu. And one thing that we in the Trailblazer Club noticed, the 2014 TB's engines are more refined and quieter than our 2013 TBs. And also sounds different. Even the motoring journalists like niky and his colleagues also noticed it.

If the TB isn't a good vehicle, James Deakin wouldn't buy one just a few weeks ago. He is one of our newest members at the Trailblazer Club.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
    This is the problem when we only have few choices left because we only have few models to choose from here in Pinas. Why don't they bring in other quality brands and make those models/brands more affordable?... Just thinking...
    The Philippines has a smaller car buyers market compared with our ASEAN neighbors. We also entertain second hand units so the smaller market, then we have limited manufacturing plants here and lastly we have left hand drive when most have right hand drive orientation in our area.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The used car market is a red herring. Buyers of secondhand used are not the type who would typically buy brand new. The philosophy is different.

Also, it was only a problem (back when those imports were legal) because of misdeclaration at customs. Simply apply a tax based on local taxes for the same model (or similar), force converters to use original parts and proper conversion kits, and the market for these cars would have thinned out to those looking to collect odd cars.

-

RE: Noise: The TB is nice and quiet. The Montero, until now, is a whistling, whooshing, clattering and very obvious example of turbodiesel power.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast